Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Occupy EA

link some screen

shots of what orign has scanned.

here you go. now i have 10 posts...

and no it scans every time the program starts, not just on install. note the size of the scroll bar also.
    Last edited by bobjaret; 03-01-2012 at 11:21 PM.

You should of just posted in other threads to reach 10 posts, now you're just going to pick up a spamming infraction. silly goose

[QUOTE

*massive pictures*

and no it scans every time the program starts, not just on install. note the size of the scroll bar also.[/QUOTE]

It does look through your computer probably in search of games, the list is large but do we know if it actually looks trough the files and just not making sure they are not games and moves on to the next file?

I really don't care that much because I don't use Origin.... But the way I see this is.... You have to sign a ToS in order to use the program. They're argument is going to be, "If you dont like it, don't use our product". Same thing as having a license... it's considered a privilege in which you agree to terms to use. If you don't like it, don't use it I guess. Really, I don't see ANY need for them to scan ANYTHING period. If they wanted to scan something completely retarded, that had nothing to do with them trying to catch pirates (heh), I'd be pissed. They really have no right... until you sign that ToS, that is.

Funny, that Google scans your shiz constantly, so does Facebook.... but no one cares about that. Although, I guess it's not such a big deal because we don't live in a country where they *can* use that stuff against you... but with the recent trend I can imagine that's where things are going. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    I really don't care that much because I don't use Origin.... But the way I see this is.... You have to sign a ToS in order to use the program. They're argument is going to be, "If you dont like it, don't use our product". Same thing as having a license... it's considered a privilege in which you agree to terms to use. If you don't like it, don't use it I guess. Really, I don't see ANY need for them to scan ANYTHING period. If they wanted to scan something completely retarded, that had nothing to do with them trying to catch pirates (heh), I'd be pissed. They really have no right... until you sign that ToS, that is.

Funny, that Google scans your shiz constantly, so does Facebook.... but no one cares about that. Although, I guess it's not such a big deal because we don't live in a country where they *can* use that stuff against you... but with the recent trend I can imagine that's where things are going. >_<
    agreed. thats a big part of why i am trying to raise people awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post

It does look through your computer probably in search of games, the list is large but do we know if it actually looks trough the files and just not making sure they are not games and moves on to the next file?

according to their ula they can do both.
    Last edited by bobjaret; 03-02-2012 at 12:04 PM.

I do also hate when people use the argument, well if you arent doing anything bad you have nothing to worry about.... not in relation to just this situation (because I really dont know anything about it, I have not researched it, and like I said I dont use Origin). I just mean in general. You're right, if you aren't doing anything wrong then you have anything to worry about.... except ya know, lack of privacy?? Thats important to me... The problem is that it's a domino effect.... if people don't care about signing their computer privacy rights away, then really the next step is for them to start putting cameras on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    I do also hate when people use the argument, well if you arent doing anything bad you have nothing to worry about.... not in relation to just this situation (because I really dont know anything about it, I have not researched it, and like I said I dont use Origin). I just mean in general. You're right, if you aren't doing anything wrong then you have anything to worry about.... except ya know, lack of privacy?? Thats important to me... The problem is that it's a domino effect.... if people don't care about signing their computer privacy rights away, then really the next step is for them to start putting cameras on you.
    agreed. not to mention most people assume the law protects them when it comes to ula's. they assume that things like what ea is doing is illegal, but its not yet, unless you don't agree, but no one reads the agreement to see what they are agreeing to.

Thread Information