Thread: Gundam Anime

Default Gundam Anime

So who all has seen or watches Gundam anime? I got back into watching the Anime and so far I have been very impressed with the quality.

To break it down, the few episodes I have seen of Gundam Unicorn put it on par with some of the best anime of all time, not just within the Gundam series. I thought Gundam 00 was a huge leap forward from the quality I was used to but Unicorn simply blew me away.

On the other hand, a lot of people probably know and love Gundam Wing, but after recently re watching the 49 episodes and the Endless Waltz movie I have decided its probably the least well done series int he gundam universe. Dont get me wrong, I love it, but its actually pretty terrible. Some of the character dialog is just plain ridiculously bad. I think this is most likely due to poor translation. Gundam Wing really did open the doors for the popularity of gundam to the rest of the world, but the level of quality suggests they did not expect that to happen. The plot is also full of holes, and the timeline is a mess. But everything aside it still has some of the most recognizable characters.

I guess my recommendation for Wing fans is to watch a few episodes of wing, or as many as you want, and then watch the first episode of Gundam Unicorn. You will be hooked.
    I am actually working on a project to catch up on all the major series of gundam, using netflixs I can actually get the original series and plan to start from there. I have only seen a few episodes of the original but I played a lot of games that tied into the series so it should be fun.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Yea. I have seen the first two of Gundam Unicorn and I am impressed. I like the story, and the acting. My only beef is that in confirms that Char is dead... most likely. Other then Unicorn I have not watched any recently. BUt I despise the fact that sooooo many people love Seed. I liked the designs but disliked the character designs.

Thank you Rachel and Subb for all the help

Thread Information