Default Lets talk about. DEATHNOTE *spoiler possible*

hey guys its talk time
    what were your thoughts

*go beond this point and be spoiled* (must be atleast ep 23 just to be safe) and over is recemended

what did you think when L died. (told you its a soiler)

I wanted him to die. He was a really 2d character without reasonable flaws. I actually thought Light turning from good intentions into a self preserving murderer was a lot more sad than loosing a super detective. They had to give Light that one small victory because its the best solution to the inevitability of Light being caught, without giving him a chance to have a major victory. Plot wise it would have been to strait forward if L won. Keeping that in mind I predicted L would loose. Having random foster kids smarter than L seemed like a cop out to me though. It would have been harder to plan his downfall, but still possible.

However Im not really a fan of how the series ended. I dont think that is how someone who is supposed to be that smart would have gone out. I think I would have ended it with him trying to come out openly as Kira and having his plans unravel because Misa had her life cut to short and died publicly without him planning it.
    Last edited by BobTD; 03-08-2012 at 12:50 AM.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

oh i liked him his death kinda made me want to top watching but then near came in and it got even more intense

I've never watched Deathnote, and with myself finishing Bleach I'm after watching another anime, I was thinking Deathnote or Full Metal Alchemist. Would you guys recommend Deathnote?
    YNWA
    <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->

out of ll anime ive watched death note is the best is bleach any good?

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

sorry for posting twice but i just finished and i hate the ending

Death Note is probably my favorite Anime. It's very unique you won't find another like it. The main character is the villain and you are almost rooting for him to win the whole team, really creative concept. It's nice and short, about 38 episodes no fillers, my favorite kind of anime to be honest. Highly recommended anime, plenty of twist and turns, and some of the ideas and plan that the main character make, wow. My mind was blown a dozen of times during this anime.

ye dont let me not likeing the ending stop you its the best anime ive ever seen the first that mmade me NEED to go on get alot of coffe a free week end and start watching because it was hard for me to stop

I never got into this Japan-kwai-lets-watch-anime thingy, but Death Note I know and have red and watched.

I liked the manga better than the anime. Even tho the series followed the books quite nicely. This is the only anime/manga I managed to read/watch pass the half-way-point (I find mangas and animes quite boring for some reason), but when L died it kinda dropped the whole story for me.

So kids.. watch it. Unlike so many other series/manda/anime this isn't that much of a waste of your time. It's actually quite good.

I think I'll give Deathnote a whirl today and tomorrow, should be enough time for me to watch all of it if it's 38 episodes
    YNWA

Well I decided to read the Manga first, I'm up to like Chapter 8. I have to say it's great, a very different type of Manga to what I'm used too.

L is one of the coolest mofos around, his entrance and initial work to narrow the search down to Kanto in Japan was epic, I can't wait to read on and see how it unfolds. Only 90 chapters to go haha
    YNWA

Thread Information