Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kony 2012

Unhappy Kony 2012

Hi if you have not heard about him please watch this.
    it is a 30 min well watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc
    please spread the word. I dont need to say much more the video says the rest. SOMTHING NEEDS TO BE DONE!

I watched this video earlier. He should be stopped, but we must also keep in mind that things like what's happening in Uganda is happening all over the world. We just hardly ever hear about it.

i agree just this is the person being foucussed on they said in the video that this will send a message to all of the people like kony that they are not powerfull

I don't trust the Invisible Children group at all. (they don't seem to be spending their money very wisely either.. so I suggest you look into that before going to donate)
    There's just so much information left out of that video that I think it loses all credit as educational/informational.
    People also seem to be forgetting that the 100 american troops being sent will be aiding an army, which will going against the LRA... which will be child soldiers.
    IDEK man. The video is so misleading its just weird.
    Yeah Joseph Kony is a horrible guy, but what will it cost to find/capture/kill him, and after that? Then what? There are at least one or two other leaders alive in the LRA. Killing one man isn't going to stop this.
    Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

I watched this today in current world affairs class. I thought it was pretty clear that the main purpose of this video was to raise awareness to everyone. The more people who know and want to go against it, the more likely the government will step in and help. At the end he tells the steps to start to stop this man, and he said nothing about donating any money in the video just simply to raise awareness, maybe call your house rep or senate.

Also lemon should we just ignore it and pretend it isn't happening just like we did at the Holocaust and Rwanda? Everyone should know ignoring problems don't make them go away. This will keep happening until someone puts a stop to it. Also you say what are the cost of killing this man, well I guess it depends on the amount that you value another humans life.

Not saying that the invisible children group is 100% pure and that you should donate, but the statements in these videos are true, it's been happening in places all over Africa for decades now. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone it's just that most Americans hear about it and think "awww that's sad" and turn there shoulder and go back to having a good time. The least people could do is take 5 minutes out of there day and make a phone call to their senate or house rep.

When did I ever imply that we should ignore it? lmao
    I believe that everyone should be educated on matters like this, but I don't think it falls to white kids in america who like to hold guns and support military intervention. Every student should be taught and educated about all tragedies like this happening all over, but it's a failing of the schools which is unfortunate, but maybe that's something kids and teens in america can work towards.
    I just think they're a very irresponsible group. They do encourage you to buy their 'kits' and the website encourages you to donate as well. I believe that they believe that they're doing the right thing, but I think they're also manipulative.
    The only reason this video got around so fast is because of editing and a cute little white kid, shock from people uneducated on the matter, and appeal to teenagers wanting to rebel (most teenagers).
    If they really wanted to help they'd be more careful with how they spread their message.

There are plenty of other organizations who are providing better care and help to these people and children.
    Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    I watched this today in current world affairs class. I thought it was pretty clear that the main purpose of this video was to raise awareness to everyone. The more people who know and want to go against it, the more likely the government will step in and help. At the end he tells the steps to start to stop this man, and he said nothing about donating any money in the video just simply to raise awareness, maybe call your house rep or senate.

Also lemon should we just ignore it and pretend it isn't happening just like we did at the Holocaust and Rwanda? Everyone should know ignoring problems don't make them go away. This will keep happening until someone puts a stop to it. Also you say what are the cost of killing this man, well I guess it depends on the amount that you value another humans life.

Not saying that the invisible children group is 100% pure and that you should donate, but the statements in these videos are true, it's been happening in places all over Africa for decades now. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone it's just that most Americans hear about it and think "awww that's sad" and turn there shoulder and go back to having a good time. The least people could do is take 5 minutes out of there day and make a phone call to their senate or house rep.
    Problem is, the US never intervene without expecting anything in return. US intervention in these foreign countries while we continue to delve further into the debt pile isn't going to do anything. Also, Kony hasn't been seen in years and is probably dead.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonRising View Post
    When did I ever imply that we should ignore it? lmao
    Didn't say you did, was just asking because you seemed like you didn't think America should lay a helping hand. Also now that I think back they did mention the kits in the video I forgot about, but I still believe the main purpose was just to spread the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsetforgotten View Post
    Problem is, the US never intervene without expecting anything in return. US intervention in these foreign countries while we continue to delve further into the debt pile isn't going to do anything. Also, Kony hasn't been seen in years and is probably dead.
    It's not just the US that should be helping, if all countries, or at least just the United Nations would help it'd be much easier on everyone. Also isn't going to do anything for who? The people in Africa or us Americans?

if usama went missing for year they would not assume he was dead i dont think they should do the same for kony he could be hiding with his army and waiting for the us to give up to start up again.

Thread Information