Default what could be better than D3?

This.

And Im serious, you would not know unless you played the series at its best, but mechwarrior is an underdog story while D3 is a guarantee from kings sitting on their mountain of gold. I have been waiting just as long for a decent Mechwarrior game to be made. I know I am going to be playing a ton of this when its out. I'm going to farm accounts to get into the beta if I have to.

The massive lawsuits over mechwarrior mechs looking similar to other mechs has been ridiculous. And its really what almost killed this series. They where making an Xbox360 game but they had to scrap it after several lawsuits: (from the respective owners of robotech and macross each)

Legal troubles

On September 3, 2009, shortly after posting preview videos and images of the game, IGN was issued a cease and desist order by Harmony Gold USA (owners of the Robotech franchise), citing copyright infringement. In 1996, FASA (the former owners of the BattleTech franchise) were involved in a legal case over the use of mecha designs derived from the Macross series, and decided to discontinue using images of mecha that were developed outside of FASA. These 'Mechs were then referred to by fans as the Unseen.[5] The trailer for MechWarrior featured the Warhammer, one of the Unseen, which is designed similarly to the Destroid Tomahawk from the Macross and Robotech Series.[6] The Warhammer, as well as several other 'Mechs, such as the Marauder and Archer, were an important part of the early BattleTech universe and image, but were based on images from Macross and other mecha anime series, which FASA had licensed from the original Japanese creators, but Harmony Gold claimed the images as their own property inside the US. The matter is further complicated by Harmony Gold's own legal troubles surrounding the ownership of the original rights. It is currently unknown if the Unseen will be used in the final game or not. In June 2011, Bryan Ekman, from Piranha Games, tweeted that there was, in fact, no dispute with Harmony Gold, and that they were not responsible for the game's delays.[7]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MechWarrior_Online

Harmony Gold, the U.S. rights holder to the Robotech anime TV series, is claiming that recently-revealed footage of a new Mechwarrior game contains content in violation of a settlement reached in the 1990s.

Harmony Gold issued a cease and desist order to consumer gaming website IGN, the website reported, claiming that a trailer of Piranha Games' upcoming Mechwarrior game featured trademarked robotic vehicle designs that are the property of Harmony Gold. The company ordered that the trailer be removed from the website.

In July, Smith and Tinker, the company that's licensing Mechwarrior rights from Microsoft, announced that Piranha would be developing a new Mechwarrior game based on the Unreal Engine 3. The game would essentially be a reboot of the venerated robot-battling series, which last saw a game in 2000.

While Smith and Tinker's Mechwarrior and Harmony Gold's Robotech are not one in the same, the two share a history. Battletech, the board game that was the basis for Mechwarrior, used action figure designs that were derived directly from Harmony Gold's Robotech. In the mid-nineties, Harmony Gold claimed that then-Battletech owner FASA was infringing on its copyright. A judge agreed, and prohibited the Battletech series from using those designs.

Harmony Gold's cease and desist would indicate that it believes that the footage of Mechwarrior shows restricted mech designs. Smith and Tinker offered no comment to IGN.
    http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=25149

Considering that the mech in the mechwarrior series really dont look to much like the other mecha I find this ridiculous. Just another case of money grubbing killing a great franchise. I hope they actually pull out of this sinkhole and that this universe gains in popularity again.
    Last edited by BobTD; 03-17-2012 at 09:51 PM.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Free to play premuim title?!? I am sold.

Thank you Rachel and Subb for all the help

Thank you so much for the post.

What could be better than D3? How about E3

Mechwarrior games are the best gamed ever when you have a joystick. I really miss some of those old games I lost when I had to replace the hard drive

Thread Information