View Poll Results: choose.

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • abortions for all

5 27.78%
  • abortions for none

4 22.22%
  • abortions for some, miniature american flags for others!

9 50.00%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: abortions

Default abortions

the topic is abortions. discuss.

Personally, if it's between me and a girl. I would never condone it. If the girl got one that I was the father of, I would break up and break contact with her forever. My gf said she has no problems considering, I told her this. As for others I really don't care what yall do with your lifes but some things I feel. One, Really shouldn't get an abortion unless it was rape and or a threat to your life. Some will argue, but what if you the girl cant give the child a good life. Well there is adoption.

so you wouldn't trust a girl with the choice of weather or not to have a child, but you'll trust her with the choice of what do do with it and how it's to be cared for once it is born. good brain logic.

It's a personal matter, I don't want to know that I could of been a father of said child only to have it taken away. As for other woman you act as if there isn't a process where she can get helped through the process. It's not like bang > prego > wait 9 months > pop it out.

and it isn't like prego > baby born > right decision, either. what happens when baby is born and the girl that wanted an abortion turns out to be an abusive mother that refused adoption?

That's called life. You can't change someones will to be a good mother or not. You can only hope that the child hasn't suffered that much before child youth services steps in and removes the child.

Im going to agree with thedeparted. I think it should be the last option considered. I wont judge someone who is a victim of a sex crime or someone faceing life threatening complications. But you can find a family for a child even before its born if you dont want it or feel you arent ready for that responsability or financialy able.

However, I dont think the choice should be based on religion or dogma, mores of society or imposing your will on others. So I have to stay pro choice. I really hate people that hate on mothers faced with difficult choices.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

I am taking my religous views out of this. This is still wrong because you are taking away the rights of a fellow American (and human). I think it's hypocritical for people to argue for "Gay Rights" and what not (I am not agaisnt this) but then go "It's the womens chioce!" when it comes to abortion (It's the same group who call the oppostion Ignorant and oppresive). The baby is alive and considered it's own life form at when the sperm meets the egg. And it is wrong to allow that to happen IMHO. That being said I have no control and if my GF ended up prego, knocking on wood, I would be devestaded if that happend.

Thank you Rachel and Subb for all the help

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

Pro-choice. The best thing is birth control and freely available birth control education, so that people don't have to make the difficult choice, but the choice is definitely one that should be available.

edit: and ultimately, I think that it does come down to the woman's choice. I obviously believe that the father should have a say in it, but I absolutely think that if a man is saying his wife/partner can't get an abortion and she wants one, that she should have the final word. Hopefully most people can be in relationships where they come to a resolution agreeably, but that is not always the case. I would never be for a man forcing a woman to have his child if she didn't want to.
    Last edited by Muffincat; 03-26-2012 at 01:56 PM.

^ Sig by Foofle ^

Ooohhhh, touchy touchy.

Pro-choice. I'm sorry, but an undeveloped fetus is not a person and does not yet, imo, get or deserve rights. Not to mention sometimes it's better for the unborn child to be aborted versus born to parents that dont give a damn or will just put it in orphanage... Although only to some extent. I dont think abortions should be allowed at 8.5 months, but for a certain period of time you should be able to make that decision.

I also think it sucks guys have no say. Woman's body or not, it's complete bullshiz.... my best friend just got pregnant on purpose, by tricking her ex-boyfriend, out of spite because he cheated on her. This is a lifelong decision that will affect TWO people, so TWO people should have say. Biznitches be crazy, and this certainly isn't the first or last chick that will get knocked up on purpose to trick a guy into coming back or at least being on their lives forever.

Although, on the flip side.... why don't we just make birth control a law? You should be made to be on birth control until you want a kid, at which point you should have totake a test to even be allowed to have kids. We are no longer allowed to supersize our fast food meals because it's bad for our health... and we are forced to take an exam to be able to drive.... but anyone can have kids?? Makes no sense to me >_<
    Last edited by Mizel; 03-26-2012 at 02:12 PM.

Thread Information