Default How can i run a cord from my laptop to my PS3 to get internet on my PS3?

How can i run a cord from my laptop to my PS3 to get internet on my PS3?
    I am in the ARMY and currently stationed in Honduras C.A. I can pick up wireless signals on my PS3 but the router im picking it up from want let my PS3 connect only my laptop. So I was wondering if their is any way i could run a cord from my laptop to my PS3? Thanks for the help oh yeah if I can what type of cable do i need?

Don't know if there is a way to do that. I don't know if your laptop can do it, but I've seen laptops with the ability to turn into wifi hot spots to allow other devices to connect to the internet through it.

Other than that, I'm not aware of any solutions involving cables.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

I don't think that you cab share an internet connection between computers like that. I thought PS3s had wifi

the wifi you are picking up from most likely needs to have to have a security encryption type that is compatible with the PS3. Or at least that was the issue with my PSP when I first got it. look up help for PS3 wifi connections, see what it works with and then see if anyone using a wireless router would be willing to configure you to allow ps3 use.

That or get a phone with wifi hotspot.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

im not sure u can do that. unless it doubles as a hotspot. sry good luck. dont ps3 have wifi?

^ Pretty sure bumping for posts, and I know it's a month old but I have a solution I know it's possible, I did it with my Xbox once.

Here's a good explanation of bridging a connection between your PS3 and laptop.
    Bridge Connection Between PC and PlayStation 3 Infrequent Geek

It says 2 ethernet ports, but ignore that. It's supposed to be for one connection to the PS3, the other connection is internet from a router/modem, but you're wireless so just the one cable will work.

If he is wireless he should be able to just hook up his PS3 via wifi. If he needs cables just hook up the ps3 to the router. Not sure why you would need to connect the computer and PS3 together at all..

As others have mentioned, the PS3 does indeed have Wifi. Only thing I can think of is if there's something wrong with the OP's PS3 so his wifi isn't working which is why he asked the question. Either that or he didn't know the PS3 had Wifi.

You can use "Connectify Pro" on your laptop. Your laptop will be Wireless router (you can set your own wifi password).

Thread Information