Default Mass Effect 3 Disappointing end

The ending simply ruined everything. No matter what you do, you'll be watching the same sequences in different colors. Bioware ruined it!

*SPOILER*
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    It was EA, they rushed them to completeion. I was gutted after sinking so many hours into the realtionships only for them to mean nothing. The is news though that DLC will be released and even the ending scene when the old man says HIstory is muddled and uncertain things can change (paraphrasing here). I thought in THIS game Shepered deserved to live. Some people say he is too big of a legend but the fact that the player had made so many relationships with other characters I thought it was unfair to have him die. Although if you had over 5000 war supplies then you can hear him breathe at the end. And there are plenty of people saying that he was INdocterinated so the DLC should clear up what happened. I thought the little Kid was a WTF momoment? If it was not real, it would make sense if Shepered was being brain washed because of how the death of that kid is making him feel. But as it is I want my Liara and Shepered live happy ending. I always choose Liara as my relationship chioce whenver I am playing the first time through. One thing I thought they did right was the Death of Anderson. I can accept him passing away but after that point things made no sense.
    Last edited by norid; 04-06-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Thank you Rachel and Subb for all the help

*Spoilers*

I was so disappointed with Shepard dying because she was essentially an extension of myself, but I have faith that perhaps the DLC will explain things a little more. Overall, though, the game was pretty awesome. I loved the reapers and how creepy they were. The last battle was great, but the ending just kind of rushed it all... Ah well, at least ME2 still exists.
    Last edited by apatheticarchetype; 04-22-2012 at 01:25 PM.

I was also upset by the ending. I never played either of the two previous games, but I still feel angry. But hey, at least they're releasing free DLC that might make it all better

So, what are your thoughts on the extended cut? I don't think it's made much of a difference.

Mass Effect 3, even with extended Cut remains bull**** regarding the ending.

Even if BioWare tries to tell us something different, it's still just 3 Colors with barely any differences except the video scenes. The ending is always the same.

Oh I forgot, the fourth Ending, the grey one. Just doing nothing, great BioWare.

Btw. that was my last chance I gave BioWare, now both EA and BioWare are dead. Ok I'll be honest, I started to hate EA years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by pcgamerpro View Post
    The ending simply ruined everything. No matter what you do, you'll be watching the same sequences in different colors. Bioware ruined it!
    True that brother i was so pissed i did all that work to walk for an hour tho my death!

And so BioWare falls... another great studio gone...

Bad endings to games is like a bad ending to a movie, it can ruin everything even there was some in good in the main game itself.

I tend to think that by time they get to the end of game in the development stage thwy either want to get the project over with so it can be on the shop shelf for sales or they got bored or they just could not think of a good ending so put the first thing that came into their heads (in this case very little).

I just finished the game (without the DLC)

What I think about the ending

(SPOILERS AHEAD)

Everything was great until the point you see the illusive man in the citadel. How could he control you and Anderson? After Anderson dies you get beamed up to the "robot child", I can forgive Bioware about the robot child because "they"(as in the guys controlling the reapers) wanted Sheppard to se someone familiar instead of some strange alien thing. Here the problem is that you doesnt get explained why this is happening(only that they are making order from chaos) and you get three options, only that you dont know really what happens with these options.

I picked to control the reapers and the movie played, there are small differences in the different movies but not many. in the next second you see the Normandy fleeing the scene and you dont know why or where, did they escape the battle or what, and what is that planet and aftehr they crashed (if they survive) Joker doesnt seem to be all to worried about what happened?

You dont see to much about what happens later or if anyone survived.

First I didnt think it was that bad and I know games with worser endings but I think its bad that they didnt release the game with a full ending.

However everything else is fantastic and I dont think the ending is bad enough to be a game breaker.

One other thing however I didnt like is that your choices earlier has so little inpact in the ending, all that matters is your choice in the last ten minutes..

Thread Information