Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insomnia

I have ptsd so I don't want to close my eyes sometimes. I like to think it is controlled, but I am beginning to realize each day more and more how it is not.

My mom has insomnia, and she has tried everything. The only thing that works is Ambien. But it makes her do some crazy midnight eating (I guess not so much anymore).

If it is a problem of your mind running and you cannot shut it off a therapist told me to do a brain dump. Which basically is take a notebook and write down every thought that pops into your head. Don't over think it. Just get all that **** out. Doesn't matter what it is or how stupid it sounds... Write it down and eventually your mind will be empty. It worked for the times I did it. And it was awesome to read it later (next day-weeks-months) just date it.

Or another thing I sometimes do is listen to soft electronic music or nature cd's. Robert Miles (23 am or dreamland) were the 2 I listened to most. But I can listen to anything now and can fall asleep to it. Try classical also.

Good luck, insomnia sucks.

Asmr recordings. Some people crumple paper like a God! Those are supposed to help you sleep.

Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

For the past 3 nights now I've gone to bed at 11 and got up at 7. Lets see how long it takes till my body throws me into another schedule.

Your doctors haven't given you anything for it?

I went through a really rough patch when I was 17, throughout my senior year (insomina and anxiety), would have killed to get 4-5 hours of sleep a night. My doctor prescribed Serax and my problems were pretty much cleared up by graduation.

Edit: Just saw your last post. Glad things are getting better for you :]

Sig by TheMangler

My doctor has me on sleeping meds.

Thread Information