Default Xbox 360 getting full internet explorere with Kinect commands.

Microsoft is currently testing a modified version of Internet Explorer 9 on its Xbox 360 console, according to our sources. The Xbox 360 currently includes Bing voice search, but it's limited to media results. Microsoft's new Internet Explorer browser for Xbox will expand on this functionality to open up a full browser for the console. We are told that the browser will let Xbox users surf all parts of the web straight from their living rooms.

Microsoft has also integrated Kinect gestures and voice control heavily into the experience, allowing Xbox owners to quickly search using the existing Bing functionality and pull up relevant web pages. Kinect support is not mandatory according to our sources, but the browser is said to be tuned for Kinect usage. There's no word on a launch date for Internet Explorer on Xbox, but with E3 on the horizon we'd expect to hear the official details from Microsoft in a matter of weeks.
    Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls | The Verge

About time this useless kinect I bought does something. It's also about time xbox gets full web browsing, the last console and hand held to get it. Kinda of sad actually, but hey better late than never.

It seems odd that Microsoft hadn't done this earlier, the PS3 has has had a browser for years (since it was released?). On another note, have they added Skype to live yet? Because I thought that was the whole reason Microsoft forked out billions over it

Quote Originally Posted by Alexdablade View Post
    It seems odd that Microsoft hadn't done this earlier, the PS3 has has had a browser for years (since it was released?). On another note, have they added Skype to live yet? Because I thought that was the whole reason Microsoft forked out billions over it
    I don't see why they did with Skype. You could already webchat with people through Windows Live Messenger and other consoles.

Excited to see a browser come in finally though. Hopefully it'll play media similar to how the PS3 does.

I think that if MicroSoft invested a small amount they could get a much better browser as Internet Explorer hardly works on pc's nevermind a games console.

The fact that IE and xbox are both made by Microsoft, It's very unlikely. It'd be like having apple products use firefox or IE.

The last thing I do with my XBOX is surf the web. My XBOX is strictly my console gaming machine. If I want to surf the web I bust out my iPad, or open the laptop.

I can understand the comment "It seems odd that Microsoft hadn't done this earlier", but at the same time it's a gaming console. That's what it was built for.

I don't see the point of using a web browser on an Xbox. Wouldn't it be way easier to just use your computer?
    Also Trunks you can hook your Kinect up to a computer and do neat stuff with it. Instructions/

Thread Information