View Poll Results: Online Vs. Offline Multiplayer

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Online Multiplayer

5 25.00%
  • Offline Multiplayer

15 75.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I,m go with kinect games,some games like kinectimals or just dance series feel you like offline gaming,but i agree with you that Online is less hassle though lol.
    Last edited by LiNuX; 10-16-2012 at 06:36 AM.

online is way better man

This question is really interesting, and something I am currently doing some research on (specifically in relation to FIFA). The types of things being said here are pretty consistent with what I'm finding in my research, so that good! There's hardly any research which looks at these aspects of gaming, even though they are really important and really quite influential to how we experience (and may be effected) by games. At some point, I have been considering doing a study which analyses the responses from Forum discussion (like this one) as a way of research gamers' accounts of gaming (obviously with the permission of the website and respondents). Do you think this would be a good way to research this topic?

Sounds like a great way to gather data!

I never liked LAN parties, they're usually full of creepy guys who are friends of friends. I did love pwning my brother at XBox though, he's the embodiment of rage.

Quote Originally Posted by sanistasia View Post
    Sounds like a great way to gather data!

I never liked LAN parties, they're usually full of creepy guys who are friends of friends. I did love pwning my brother at XBox though, he's the embodiment of rage.
    Cheers. I normally develop questionnaires with Survey software, but I would imagine that the responses on these types of forums would present a different dimension of responses, and could show interactions between members, which is something questionnaires can't access. It is worth a thought for my future studies I reckon!

Playing with friends is always better than playing with strangers. Being there in person is also cool because you can brag and yell at each other. I prefer offline.

I like playing with my rl friends way more than online strangers, but the thing is that some of the strangers are really awesome players and way better to have on my team. Not that my friends are bad, its just that not all of them are amazing or willing to try to improve. Also I picked offline gaming in the poll, but I've been doing a lot more online gaming since starting college and having all my friends move to different places across the country.

I believe the solution to that dilemma is to make new friends. Does your school have a gaming community or any clubs you would be interested in?

I prefer online games, as I tend to feel comfortable around other players. I guess the social aspect plays an important role as well.
    Also, PVP is always a good way to measure skill

I prefer online multilayer.

Thread Information