Default DayZ, multiplayer survival horror mod for Arma 2

Well this is one of the biggest mods I have seen, it changes the tactical shooter game into a realistic survival horror that is massive. When you join a server you spawn somewhere on the massive map, you got a gun, some ammo, food, water and some bandages and tahts it. Your only goal is to stay alive and to do that you need to find weapos, things to eat and medicines.

The problem is that the world is full of zombies. Unless you play as a group you are alone in the world, and the most important thing is to TRUST NO ONE. zombies are pretty predictable but other players are not, they might help you but they might as well shoot you and rob you.

Dependable on whats the time at the server its either day or night in the game, and I promise you, when its dark it truly is dark, you are lucky if you got a few flares or even a flashlight, but remember zombies are drawn to light and even worse, other players can see you far away.

Also its perma death in the game, if your character dies in the game he is gone, and so is the equipment you had.

http://www.dayzmod.com/ (the official site)

To be able to paly this mod you need Arma 2 and Operation arrowhead.

edit: I almost forgot, the game is still in alpha stage so its pretty complicated to install the game, and there are still many bugs in it.

Exentenzed is offline Professional (Battlefield) Helicopter Pilot.

Yea, the TAW clan im part of is running 2 of those servers. I personally don't like the gamemode. :P

Sig. by Psychotray

Quote Originally Posted by Exentenzed View Post
    Yea, the TAW clan im part of is running 2 of those servers. I personally don't like the gamemode. :P
    Ive just started playing it, had some problems in the beginning(joining a server is a pain in the ass) but I enjoy it, being chased by zombies in the darkness not seeing anything can be pretty scary

LOL i just play it last night. It was night time on server but i teamed up with one more player Jarred is the name so if you stumble across him on one of the servers dont shoot him he is defenetly frendly and loyal. So, anyway it was a night and we were scouting apartmants in Cherno when we separadted only 10 meters of space and LOL we litterary runing in cricles and couldnt see eachother. Youp it was so ********** pich black. Oh and one more piece of advice dont you EVER EVER drop your backpack. It will eather dissapear or you wont be able to pick it back up.

Atrix (yes that is the name i am using on servers.)

P.S. Beware of Russians and Ukraines players. They are assholes shooting everyone who dosn't speak their language.
    Last edited by Atrix; 10-05-2012 at 05:40 AM.

I've seen a bunch of Gameplays of it on YouTube, just never really been to keen on playing it. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing I love more than smashing zombies heads in and going on killing sprees (Horror Survival = My favorite games), I've just seen a lot of glitches and bugs in the Gameplays that make me slightly hesitant to play it. But eh, I'll give it a try when my internet refreshes!

''Hey vanity, this vials empty. And so are you.''

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotray View Post
    I've seen a bunch of Gameplays of it on YouTube, just never really been to keen on playing it. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing I love more than smashing zombies heads in and going on killing sprees (Horror Survival = My favorite games), I've just seen a lot of glitches and bugs in the Gameplays that make me slightly hesitant to play it. But eh, I'll give it a try when my internet refreshes!
    I would recomend you to wait until the standalone comes, now you have to buy Arma 2 Co and if you notice dont like dayz or arma its a lot of money gone to waist.

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    I would recomend you to wait until the standalone comes, now you have to buy Arma 2 Co and if you notice dont like dayz or arma its a lot of money gone to waist.
    I have ways of getting it without paying (discreet), so I'll be able to see if it's worth my while, from what I've seen it looks like an alright game in all honestly, it just looks like it needs a lot of work on the bugs and rigs.

''Hey vanity, this vials empty. And so are you.''

Thread Information