Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I went to see the Avengers twice, I'll admit it. I was tempted for a third time as well because it was just fabulous. Although I think TDKR will do very well at the Box Office. It might not surpass the Avengers but I think it'll be on par with it definitely. As for Spiderman... Eh. I was never really a hardcore Spiderman fan, and the trailer wasn't all that. It'll do well enough with people curious to see Toby Maguire's replacement, but I doubt it will stand up to The Avengers and TDKR.

I think TDKR will be at the top of the list of the best selling movies of 2012. The buzz surrounding it is enormous due to the success of the last one. I'm not too excited for Spiderman though. The 3rd one was awful so I don't really have any expectations for this one.

well Avengers just hit 600 million domestic, and close to 1.5 billion ww. thats certainly going to be a tall feat for it to reach. only 2 other movies are ahead of it, Titantic and Avatar, also dont forget TDKR has no 3D which means it'll have to sell a butt load more tickets. personally i think its unpossible just on that, maybe if it was 3d as well it'd have a fighting chance.

the thing the avenge had going for them is more then one super hero

Quote Originally Posted by thedeparted View Post
    well Avengers just hit 600 million domestic, and close to 1.5 billion ww. thats certainly going to be a tall feat for it to reach. only 2 other movies are ahead of it, Titantic and Avatar, also dont forget TDKR has no 3D which means it'll have to sell a butt load more tickets. personally i think its unpossible just on that, maybe if it was 3d as well it'd have a fighting chance.
    Yea that's a good point on the 3D. That will probably play a big part in overall sales.

52% of Avengers opening 207 million was from 3D tickets

Can The Dark Knight Rises break The Avengers opening weekend record?

without 3D it would of still did very good, but just barely broke the record or came short instead of crushing it

I don't understand how Avatar did so well....though, I think Avengers would have beat it if some people weren't like "I haven't seen captain america or thor so i can't see avengers" At the time I had only seen Ironman 1&2 and avengers made sense and was extremely enjoyable to me.

Dark Knight Rises won't top it. I don't think it'll top The Dark Knight, but it will still do great. Spiderman will probably do good too, but nothing extraordinary. Definitely come in last place out of the 3

TDKR is going to do amazingly. There's no question about that.... I think it will come very close to, if not beat The Avengers because The Avengers movie just sort of hyped up the superhero thing. I'm really excited to see TDKR because it's got Bane, but that doesn't mean they won't eff up his character or the story, so we'll see. I'm already apprehensive because of Anne Hathaway.... and if casting her wasn't bad enough, them releasing pics of her retarded arse looking costume made it worse lol But I'm still expecting awesomesauce. I could care less about the Spiderman movie because, well, I hate Spiderman lol However, since the last 3 Spidey movies all sucked a big one, and I am excited for this one because it should redeem the Spiderman movie name. It really helps that it seems like they picked a good cast for this one too.

I just got advance tickets for the midnight premier of The Dark Knight Rises, and i'm going to see Spiderman next week....i'll post my thoughts on both here

The Avengers was amazing loved it

i think that The Dark Knight Rises will top it though because its meant to be the last batman movie they make which sucks

i dont think spiderman will top it though i do think i will be good
    <3 thank you knibbler <3

<3 Knibbler Gave Me My Crush <3

my sigs new stuff - Gamers Forum
    my shop :: Devils Shoppie Time - Gamers Forum

Thread Information