Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Warcraft: What Would You Rather Have?

I had a debate with some friends last night, and it's something that you may all be interested in getting involved in, within the forum. So here's the question...

Out of the following three, which one would you rather have?

• Another World of Warcraft expansion
    • World of Warcraft 2
    • Warcraft 4

I know which one I'd rather have, and that's Warcraft 4. It's been ignored for far too long, and I think that seeing as Diablo III got going, eventually, they should revisit the roots of World of Warcraft, and get another Warcraft RTS out. Because, let's face it, it is one of the most iconic RTS franchises of all time. I miss it.

So, what do you think? Fire away!

Well, I don't really play WoW so that rules the expansion out.
    I'm a huge fan of of Warcraft (and RTS's in general)
    And well. I don't think World of Warcraft will ever have a sequel, it's going to keep growing with expansions.

SO I guess... Warcraft 4

Quote Originally Posted by BBloodstain View Post
    I don't think World of Warcraft will ever have a sequel, it's going to keep growing with expansions.
    I think they're scared that it would tarnish the reputation of WoW if they made WoW2 and it fell on it's arse. They need to grow some balls and freshen that particular franchise up! But yeah, Warcraft 4 all the way!

I think what they are doing is, keeping their community together, like, if they make a WoW2 the people that play it will be split, some will have The original, and others will have WoW2

Basically, What I'm trying to say is, what I think they are going to do is, next year they will release a WoW Bundle pack, will all of the Expansions and original game in one, they discontinue the original stand alone. And that is what they will continue doing. It will all still be World of Warcraft. without tarnishing it's reputation and making it confusing for new players.

I almost wish they would make WoW2. It's getting tough with all of the expansions, they can't keep a growing player base that much longer once the level cap is like level 115. Sure, there's a ton of content, but I would never have started WoW if it was that high. WoW2 can bring new graphics, new life, and restart the whole franchise as a whole before it gets out of hand and they throw themselves in the gutter. Kinda like what Guild Wars 2 is, as I see it.

Out of those though, as tempting as WoW2 sounds, I'd be hoping for Warcraft 4. It'd be tougher to impliment, but maybe if it led as a story filler between WoW and WoW2, it would work out. It'd still work out either way, as Blizzard is amazing, but then it could appease everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by BBloodstain View Post
    I think what they are doing is, keeping their community together, like, if they make a WoW2 the people that play it will be split, some will have The original, and others will have WoW2

Basically, What I'm trying to say is, what I think they are going to do is, next year they will release a WoW Bundle pack, will all of the Expansions and original game in one, they discontinue the original stand alone. And that is what they will continue doing. It will all still be World of Warcraft. without tarnishing it's reputation and making it confusing for new players.
    Makes sense I suppose. Kind of clever I guess. The time has come for Warcraft 4 though, ha! It depends what happens with this Project Titan they have in the works atm...

Exentenzed is offline Professional (Battlefield) Helicopter Pilot.

I think there would be a big problem with making another warcraft RTS, as they could not continue the warcraft saga (Beacuse of World of Warcraft currently doing that) and so they would have to go back in time instead... And i just don't see that happening, but OH god yes, a warcraft 4 would be satisfying to play.

Sig. by Psychotray

Quote Originally Posted by Exentenzed View Post
    I think there would be a big problem with making another warcraft RTS, as they could not continue the warcraft saga (Beacuse of World of Warcraft currently doing that) and so they would have to go back in time instead... And i just don't see that happening, but OH god yes, a warcraft 4 would be satisfying to play.
    You have a good point, but it would be no different from making an expansion for WoW I guess, in regards to the story. To be honest, I wouldn't be fussed, just as long as they brought out a Warcraft RTS which has up-to-date visuals and gameplay, I think all gamers concerned, including myself, would be satisfied.

Option 4: Starcraft MMO/shooter? I've always liked the starcraft series better.
    For Warcraft I would go for another RTS. They should take a break from MMOs till they come up with new ideas. Or till everyone forgets WoW

Exentenzed is offline Professional (Battlefield) Helicopter Pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhmmz View Post
    You have a good point, but it would be no different from making an expansion for WoW I guess, in regards to the story. To be honest, I wouldn't be fussed, just as long as they brought out a Warcraft RTS which has up-to-date visuals and gameplay, I think all gamers concerned, including myself, would be satisfied.
    Yes that is true, but what im saying is that i highly doubt they would ever sacrifice a World of Warcraft expansion story to create a RTS, and what would the people playing world of warcraft say if we continued the warcraft saga in a RTS singleplayer? im sorry to say, that i think world of warcraft needs to die out before we will see any innovation on the warcraft front.

Sig. by Psychotray

Thread Information