Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you get through the easier games and you want a challenge, look to the Atlus games.
    Demon's Souls and it's sequel Dark Souls are incredibly challenging but extremely addicting and fun games
    If you want more turn-based games, the Shin Megami Tensei games are all great. Persona 3 comes highly recommended by me.

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    If you get through the easier games and you want a challenge, look to the Atlus games.
    Demon's Souls and it's sequel Dark Souls are incredibly challenging but extremely addicting and fun games
    If you want more turn-based games, the Shin Megami Tensei games are all great. Persona 3 comes highly recommended by me.
    Dark Souls in impossible lol, I played on my friends game a couple times, easily one of the hardest games I've ever played. He even cheated and is at level 1,200 or something and he still dies all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    Dark Souls in impossible lol, I played on my friends game a couple times, easily one of the hardest games I've ever played. He even cheated and is at level 1,200 or something and he still dies all the time.
    You have to be careful playing the game no matter what level. If you just rush in and hack n slash everything, you're going to die. You have to play defensively.

Demon's Souls isn't quite as hard, but after I beat the game a first time, I made a brand new character and still destroyed the game. It's more about strategy than it is level (though, level is very important as well)

I've never played Demon's Souls or Dark Souls, but they sound kind of intriguing. I'm always up for a challenge.

Just don't start from the middle of some series. Play the old ones.
    I would recommend Dragon Age: Origins from the new RPGs

Quote Originally Posted by Illusive View Post
    Just don't start from the middle of some series. Play the old ones.
    I would recommend Dragon Age: Origins from the new RPGs
    some games it doesn't matter, like the persona series, the games are unrelated. Same with the main Final Fantasy series. obviously, the sequels are related (like XIII-2, X-2, VII: Dirge of Cerberus, etc)

Planescape: Torment is one of my all time favorite RPG's. It's older (1999), which mean it comes from a time where games still took skill and thought and it's a *very* long game. Also, the game has so many different endings, story lines, party member options and dialogue choices, depending on what stats/alignment you chose you chose.

A real good game thats not exactly an rpg, but is open world and what you do can effect it in some ways. Deadly premonition. The graphics are kind of poor for the year it was released (2010) but its a great game. And being a horror survival with an open world and diverse characters, well its a very interesting play. ^^

Thread Information