Default My Venus Transit Photo

I actually went up to the roof hoping to get lucky and I did, for just a few seconds. The sun peeked out and I snapped this shot:

http://www.naztronomy.com/images/por...nusTransit.jpg (it's big so I'm not embedding it)

I took more shots today (no more capturing Venus though), will be posting them here: Naztronomy :: Consolidation of Astrophotography - will be cleaning up the site later on better categorize them. I rush-released the site today (rereleased actually) just to show off the Transit.

I'm happy with my one shot. I need to prepare for the next one, only a 105 years left!

edit: moved to own thread since the Saturn pic links are broken now, will fix those later.
    Last edited by LiNuX; 06-05-2012 at 09:09 PM.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

I was imagining it a little different, guess I forgot that the Venus was in front of the sun not off to the side or something. Still really cool stuff.

I heard about this on the news, so I looked at the sun and almost went blind.
    Didn't see anything though
    "Tonight make me unstoppable, and I will outshine all..."
    *Sig made by Psychotray

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    I was imagining it a little different, guess I forgot that the Venus was in front of the sun not off to the side or something. Still really cool stuff.
    It's usually on either side of the Sun's equator because of it's tilt. For the next 104 years, it'll either be too low or too high.

Mercury on the other hand, is more centered, but it's much smaller. Probably the size of one of the smaller sunspots that you see in the picture. That happens 12-13 times a century (next one is in 4 years I believe and I plan on catching that as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    I heard about this on the news, so I looked at the sun and almost went blind.
    Didn't see anything though
    You can buy eclipse glasses or welder's #14 glass to view the sun. It's impossible to see with the naked eye (or even with just regular sunglasses).
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Thread Information