Default New Linkin Park album

LIVING THINGS ALBUM STREAM - LinkinPark.com

The new linkin park album is available for streaming, and I want to know everyone's opinions on it and their discography in general.

Personally, while I do think Hybrid Theory and Meteora are their strongest albums...the direction they took wasn't terrible. I'd be all for a return to their roots, but I liked A Thousand Suns and I plan on picking up Living Things as well. (i haven't listened to the stream)

Exentenzed is offline Professional (Battlefield) Helicopter Pilot.

Love it.

My birthday clocked in about an hour ago so finding this post is possibly the best thing that could have happened today.

\o/

Sig. by Psychotray

I haven't got time to listen to it in it's entirety right now, for I have work in like an hour, and I need to nomnom. However, I did have a quick skip through it, and I've already heard Burn It Down somewhere (might have been during an NBA advert), and I like that song for what it is, but I still find it weird that Linkin Park do this sort of music now, even though they've been doing it for a while since their change of direction.

I didn't care a whole lot for the other tracks, but I get the impression that they're the kind of tracks that will eventually grow on me, but may not necessarily be songs that I would listen to out of choice above other songs in my playlist. I won't buy the album, but I have Spotify Premium, so I'll go back and listen to it properly upon it's release.

I agree with you, Eps, that HT and Meteora are their strongest albums, and because of this I'm still finding it hard to 100% accept the direction that they've gone in. I am a massive music snob, but I'm making an effort

For what Linkin Park do now, they make good music, but for the most part, their new stuff doesn't quite give me the satisfaction they used to give me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhmmz View Post
    I haven't got time to listen to it in it's entirety right now, for I have work in like an hour, and I need to nomnom. However, I did have a quick skip through it, and I've already heard Burn It Down somewhere (might have been during an NBA advert), and I like that song for what it is, but I still find it weird that Linkin Park do this sort of music now, even though they've been doing it for a while since their change of direction.
    See, personally I don't find their newer stuff all that different from their older stuff. It's just a little more melodic now, but I don't see what people are complaining about. I mean, the first two were amazing but a thousand suns was also really good. I'm gonna wait to buy it to listen to this in its entirety but i've liked what I heard so far.

Exentenzed is offline Professional (Battlefield) Helicopter Pilot.

Im actually glad that they changed their styles, listening trough meteora and hybrid theory always made me think about what it would sound like if they changed their music. And then they did, and it was still awesome. I would of course not mind if they went back to their alternative rock roots for an album or two, but i also would not mind if they just keep on going with their current style.

Sig. by Psychotray

Does anyone have another stream? The one of their site seems to have been removed.
    My blog: Diablo 3

I'm not a fan of the new Linkin Park. I loved their sound on Meteora and it had my favorite song by them ever, Faint. I like them doing a little more screaming like they did in that song but In The End was another great song.

Shout out to Eggs for the awesome signature

Quote Originally Posted by TheGateKeeper View Post
    Does anyone have another stream? The one of their site seems to have been removed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs3oW4wgilk

I'm streaming their album now.

Meteora is still my favorite album since I liked every single song. And at first I didn't like the turn they took but over time grew to like it.

New album sounds good. Will probably get the album.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Thread Information