Default Is it just me, or Team Fortress 2 really sucks now

After the Pyromania update TF2's been going down hill imo.
    Maps are flooded with sentries - which as a scout, I find very frustrating.
    Spawn-camping is no longer a chip trick, but a legitimate tactic, constantly used by noobs who end up as mvps at the end of each round.
    Medics are either pocketing or shooting, rather than healing - which is the worst use of a medic by far.
    Soldier, Engineer (with the gunslinger - or whatever it's called) and Pyro are the most common classes in the game - at least in Doomsday, PLR and A/D.
    In the other gametypes, you encounter Demoknights, Spies... and yes, everybody plays the sniper.
    In case you go Medic, your team won’t protect you, therefore you can't stay very long on the battlefield.
    Pyros forget about their Airblast ability, so if you catch on fire, don't run to friendly pyros for help - and they won't deflect rockets and grenades coming their way either.
    And there doesn't seem to be much teamwork in the game. Not like there used to be. You can type whatever you want in team-chat, and no one will answer. The only messages you see are trading requests, and if someone plugs in a mike, they're either "The Team Captain"(rare) or trolling.
    And if the server feels like it needs more balance to the teams, it will instantly put you in the opposite team, even though you were kicking ass in an epic battle during the transition. And they put you on the team that will lose the round because of what you've done for your first team.

I'm not blaming the Pyromania update about any of this, I'm just saying that TF2 doesn't feel as epic as it used to before it. It may be just me losing my gaming momentum for some reason, but I feel great imbalance in the game. Hope this isn't the destruction of TF2's awesomeness.

Thx.

I haven't played TF2 in motnhs actually so I haven't noticed any of their recent updates.

Might install it again and give it a go to see what it's like now.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Team Fortress gets slowly destroyed by that Free 2 Play nonsense (which is a kick in the ass for people like me who payed for that game) and updates. I rarely play TF2 now since it became F2P because most of the "Team-Spirit" got destroyed. Some more months and TF2 will disappear from my harddrive. Valve screwed up with that.

The only problem I have with it is its hard to find a server and the ones I do find usually have an aimbot or two running around. D:

I guess I've been lucky, the only problem we've had is full servers. I don't think F2P has ruined the "Team Player" feel of the game, maybe it's just your team?? I have a regular set of people I play with, and we're very much a "team", so much so now that we don't even really have to talk while we play, we just kinda know what's going on. I never would have played it if it hadn't been made F2P, honestly. I don't like paying monthly fees to play games. But yeah...

Haven't played this game in ages. Was not aware it went F2P
    My blog: Diablo 3

I have some same problem as Crae, a lot of hackers when ever I play.

Though, I'm one of those F2P noobs, downloaded to try the game out, didn't really find it that interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    I never would have played it if it hadn't been made F2P, honestly. I don't like paying monthly fees to play games. But yeah...
    Saaaame here lol

And games going F2P doesn't turn them into crap. From my experience, there's always tons of douchebags in games regardless of what game, what system, cost, etc etc. That's just to be expected. However, I only started playing TF2 hardcore a couple months ago, so I haven't been playing long enough to compare updates :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    Saaaame here lol

And games going F2P doesn't turn them into crap. From my experience, there's always tons of douchebags in games regardless of what game, what system, cost, etc etc. That's just to be expected. However, I only started playing TF2 hardcore a couple months ago, so I haven't been playing long enough to compare updates :/
    The Problem with TF2 was this:
    Originally the community was just different. Back in the days when you had to pay for it the people were more friendly and helped you with stuff... for the most part. Now you mainly get insulted, a lot people are just simply dicks and the teamplay is almost not existent anymore compared to the earlier days, it's a shame. My biggest Problem was the Teamplay: I buyed TF2 for awesome Teamplay and a good experience being in a team, that doesn't happen anymore. Everyone is on his own now if you play without friends and that sucks.

Also: Since it became F2P my Server Browser for TF2 doesn't work anymore, I rarely can join any servers that are not marked as favorite (even then there's a 90% of failure) and that pisses me off. I mean I PAYED for that game and now, if I would have the choice, I would have never payed money for it. Valve could at least let the premium players open the ****ing chests without anya keys but I guess I'll deinstall TF2 soon anyway, not worth it anymore.

Oh, wel that sucks :/ I've only ever played with dicks so I just assumed it was always like that lol

Thread Information