Default Help me write my review

(I have a feeling like its too short or I'm not making some valid points, keep in mind this a script and is meant to be heard, not read.)

How funny, last week I reviewed Max Payne 3, which had some of the worst story delivery I’ve seen. This week I’m reviewing Bastion which IS A GIFT FROM THE GREAT SPACE BUTTERFLY ALMIGHTY!!! OHHLAURDD!!!

That was my Medea impression, its just….I’m white. Anyway, you could probably leave this video right now with the impression that Bastion is good and you should go buy it. Well yes but you’re going to stay right here and listen to the ranting monkey.

Bastion is an action RPG by Supergiant Games set in a post-apocalyptic world after some sort of disaster known as the calamity. Instead of a gray wasteland the game world had pieces of it ripped from the now barren mainland and hoisted into the air. The ground literally comes up from the air as you walk and forms pathways between giant floating islands full of hostile life. This would be ****ing awesome if most of the planet wasn’t dead

Right of the back the game is beautiful with a hand-drawn art style; Sumerian-looking ruins and exotic jungles give the game a mysterious feel. The environment reminded of Legend of Zelda, Wind Waker with the depressing feeling that the world is a husk of what it once was. My only problem is that the protagonist’s model looks a little off compared to the environment and enemies, like he was drawn differently.

Another great thing about the game is its music, which I can only describe as a mix between alternative rock with some western themes. It was well done and really will strike some heart strings.

The game play is a mixed bag. You may choose two weapons, a special ability, and alcoholic sprites to give passive bonuses, along with challenge modes in a buildable central hub called the Bastion (which is a great idea). The variety here allows some fun loadouts; I liked the combat and found it fast, fun, and challenging, despite other reviewers complaints. My only problem with it is that the controls can be frustrating, extremely during the end with some jumping puzzles. The story mode is also short but afterwards you unlock score attack and game plus modes which excuse the shortness and add replaybity, up to 30+ hours.

But by far the best thing about this game is its story and presentation; the most prominent thing you will notice is that the game is that it is narrated beautifully by a man who is actually an important character in-game. Logan Cunningham’s (aka Rucks) voice is awesome and companies need to give him some work so I can listen to his gravely, dark voice more, its beautiful…that sounded creepy.

The plotline was excellent and through the narrator’s comments and found-collectibles, the history of life before is slowly revealed. Without spoiling it, both of the endings will leave you on the verge of tears, they both are sad and frankly kind of of bad, in the sense of the outcome.

Bastion was one of the best games I’ve played this year and IS the best game in its genre! This is an xbox arcade game with better executions than a triple-A game.

PROS: Awesome story and presentation, variety of weapons, replayability, fun combat, amazing music

Now it would feel wrong to give the game a con based on my complaints so Bastion is the first game to earn my (FLAWLESS VICTORY) award! Despite the name the game is not perfect but its issues are so minor.

The game earns a solid A

I recommend this game to anyone, casual gamers and the hardcore. And if you’re a RPG fan this game is a must!

Now excuse me while I pop some windbags!
    Call. Me. PJ.

My youtube channel that features reviews and other crap - http://www.youtube.com/user/IAmTheAm...J?feature=mhee

Thread Information