Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gaming after WoW .... Now what?

Gaming has always been a part of who i was, my parents bought me an Atari in 82, i was 8 years old and hooked for life. when i was 13 i worked for my grandfather for (35 dollars a week) during the summer and bought an original Nintendo, loving games like Mario, skyshark, and topgun. In the late 80's and early 90's my parents got an ibm 186 and i played Sierra's Camelot, Dragoon, chuck yeagers test pilot and Microsoft flight sim 3.0. In high school i took computer programing at trade school for the sole purpose of playing games on the new 386's then the fabulous 486. I played the original Doom, Scorched earth, Star wars X-wing vrs Tie Fighter and Falcon 3.0. After that i joined the military and took a break till 99 when i found ONLINE GAMING! The first game i played was Microsoft's Combat Flight simulater 2. And Damn it i was good. CFS 3 sucked so i moved to Delta Force 1 and 2, then a brief stay with Ultima online. Bored for a while i got a PlayStation and spent some time with Tony Hawks Pro skater and final fantasy (i think it was 7) but then i moved Back to CFS 2 for a year or so where i met my First wife. She Got me playing Call of Duty (the first one) which we played competitively with an awesome clan of guys called the SoS all the way till COD3. Then we moved to WoW and i was never the same. We played WoW for years. I met allot of great people and learned allot about gaming and had the time of my life, but the endless grind finally got to me and i started looking for something else. I found War-hammer online and was in love with the lore, i became an elder beta tester and eagerly awaited launch. Bringing many people into open beta thinking it would be a WoW killer unfortunately the game was too big and not enough people played, and something was missing. It just wasn't wow. I was still mad at wow for the endless grind so i sold my account to the Chinese for a sweet penny and bought a PS3 with several games. I divorced my wife and shortly married another, I went back to COD on a PS3 format and in and out of the COD series. I took a few breaks between COD and enjoined games like Ass Creed, Heavenly Sword, Soul Caliber, Dragon Age, Force unleashed, and GTA4. KOTOR 3 looked good but Lucas said some Crap about the economy. Nothing has been the same since WoW. Will there ever be WoW killer? Laughably yesterday i Downloaded Star Wars the Old Republic. it was almost too much for this crappy desktop of mine but i think i could really enjoy the story, but then there it was sneaking around the corner again THE ENDLESS GRIND! NOOOOOOO! It could of been a good game but again too few people were playing and there is no end game. Still there is that thing in the back of my mind. IT isn't WoW. 'm lost and stuck and looking for something to play. Could there be a WoW killer in the future? I Don't know, I need something. Help Please? I know my Writing and sentence structure is horrible, but if any of you are able to push your way through this wall of text i would Greatly appreciate any advice on what i should play now.

I actually remember seeing an SoS server on the original cod. I use to play competitively on it as well. Played Cal-o the last year it was around, didn't do all that well, but I still played. After it moved I played in TWL for 4 or 5 years after. I remember when TWL finally shut down, my Cod UO team was #1 for 4v4 and my cod1 team was #1 for 2v2 Fun times. CoD has been my all time favorite game, have over 2,000 hours logged on xfire and probably 2,000 more not being logged in on it.

As for as game better than WoW, I have been trying to find one as well, haven't been so lucky. Wish I could help, but I'm still pondering for a game to play as well.
    Last edited by Trunks; 08-21-2012 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Just realized I slaughtered that paragraph

Guildwars 2 is probably gonna be a good one. In my opinion that is the game that is going to deal WoW its deathblow. If you are just looking for great RPG games (ones that are not online) you can always try out Baldur's Gate and other infinity engine games.

I'm afraid that I'm gonna have to stick to the PS3, this pc is crap. Is there anything as good as, or even comparable to Dragons age 2? I beat it three different times because it was so good and not linear at all, and that's unheard of for me. I tried Oblivion Elder scrolls but i could only make it halfway before i lost interest. i think I'm going to pick up Force Unleashed 2 this weekend and hope for the best (partly because I'm a huge Star Wars fan). I would try fallout 3 but i don't think I'll like the setting. Hell, i might try a Final Fantasy (don't know which one i don't keep up with the numbers
    Last edited by Kalgalath; 08-21-2012 at 05:13 PM.

You don't need a good PC to play the infinity engine games lol. Baldur's Gate and the like are pretty old so even very low end computers should run it fine. Runs almost perfectly on Linux through wine. If you don't care much about the graphics and are looking for a game with completely awesome RPG elements then I would like to reassert my opinion that you should pick some of these up.
    With the Elder Scrolls series I would suggest you take a look at Skyrim or Morrowind. I myself think that Morrowind is way better than oblivion and many, many people say Skyrim is way better. I have not had any experience with Skyrim though
    If you are looking into The Force Unleashed I have heard from everyone that has played it that the first game is way better than the second. The internet agrees Here, Here and Here. In fact I couldn't find anything that said the second game was better
    And in respect to Final Fantasy, try Final Fantasy 7 or 9. 7 is of course one of the most hyped games of the series, and it is a pretty great game. 9 is one that I really enjoyed, although that's not really saying much because I have only played the first three and 7-9. Final Fantasy 13 is the one that is out for the PS3, and my brother absolutely loves it, so I would definitely recommend you pick that one up.

Ok i think i'll try that, thanks for the info! I guess i'll read up on Skyrim and Morrowind and see which one seems to pull me more. I picked up Unleashed 2 Thursday and beat it this morning. It's pretty good i just wish it had lasted longer.

Yeah the main complaint about that game was the how short it was. Also the story was apparently kind of crappy. And I would go for skyrim since you have a PS3, but I dont think that morrowind will be too taxing on your computer

I wish i could play a Star Wars game that played like Dragon Age 2. Star Wars Galaxy, with Dragon Age's nonlinear Story line and combat style. beat the game 3 diff ways as Jedi and 3 diff ways as Sith. Now that would be awesome.

Try Knights of the old Republic. It is a pretty good game and was made by the same company

Ya, i played and enjoyed both of them. And i think it's crap that stupid lucas said something about financial bull as to why they stoped production on kotor 3 then last year put out The Old Republic mmorpg.

Thread Information