Default Vampires Dawn 3: The Crimson Realm

Well some of you may know that I'm a fan of the Vampires Dawn Series which is german exclusive or more, it was.

Marlex, the one who made all 3 games (VD1: Reign of Blood / VD2: Ancient Blood and VD: Deceit of Heretics) announced Vampires Dawn 3.

There will be a german AND an english version of that game but there is one thing that is required: Crowdfunding.
    Many of you know it already but Marlex wants to produce Vampires Dawn 3 with the help of Crowdfunding. There is no webside for that yet, the crowdfunding will start during september, I'll post here when it's starting. Let me tell you about Vampires Dawn 3 first:

- The first Vampires Dawn game was "Vampires Dawn: Reign of Blood", the second one was "Vampires Dawn: Ancient Blood" and the third one was "Vampires Dawn: Deceit of Heretics".

- The Timeline (with VD3) looks like that: Deceit of Heretics -> The Crimson Realm -> Reign of Blood -> Ancient Blood

- There are no bull**** Vampires like in Twillight.

- The first two games (Reign of Blood and Ancient Blood) were made with the RPG-Maker, Deceit of Heretics was made with another engine for mobile phones. Vampires Dawn 3 will be made with an own engine and will be compatible with: Windows, Mac, iPhone etc.).

- For playing the game you won't need background-knowledge, the game explains the most important informations to you.

- The traditions in the VD-Series are a lot of blood and black humour mixed with well made characters and a really intense storyline.

Ok now the information to the game itself:

- Because this is not a RPG-Maker game, the music and graphics are all selfmade and new.

- The Graphics are a mix of RPG-Maker graphics and Anime graphics style, pictures below.

- Vampires Dawn 3 will continue and end the Story of "Deceit of Heretics" and will fill the hole between "Deceit of Heretics" and "Reign of Blood".

- Because this is a Prequel, one of the main characters of VD 1/2 won't have a really big role. That Character is Valnar who you control in VD 1/2 and making important decisions with him. Valnar got transformed into a Vampire during Vampires Dawn 1 by Asgar and is the "youngest" Vampire of the three main heroes in VD 1/2 (the other two are Asgar and Alaine).

- There will be three difficulty settings like in VD2. Also one important thing about the Series are the different endings, depending on the difficulty and how you decide during the game (Vampires Dawn 1 had 5 different endings, Vampires Dawn 2 had 6).

- The fighting system will be like a Chrono-Trigger style with more combos, variations during fighting and moe spells. For example you can summon a water spell upon an enemy and then hit him with lighting leaving him "paralysed", you have a much more higher chance to hit him with a critical hit.

- Unlike the previous games you can save here wherever you want.

- The atmosphere is more like in Vampires Dawn 2 which means: Brutal, bloody and dark.

Now some pictures of the in-game graphics:
    Picture 1
    Picture 2

And some music-examples:
    Asgars Awakening
    Theme
    Dark Forest
    Icy Worlds
    Departure

Well I'd like to answer you questions if I can. Anyway what do you guys think of it?
    Last edited by Mordry; 09-01-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Looks good man, love the manga-style. Keep it up!
    My blog: Diablo 3

New Informations:

- The Dungeons in the game will have their own stories which will start when you trigger the event (like in Skyrim).

- In the first game was Day/Night Timechanges, for example you were only able to suck blood from a human during night, in the second game that was removed because the RPG Maker made trouble with putting day and night dynamicly in. Marlex is probably doing a Day/Night System here too, but not like in Gothic were NPC do all have their rythm of the day during Day/Night time. The NPC will probably just wander around and do what they were programmed to do, like in Vampires Dawn 1.

- This game will be made with a modified Version of the Torque2D Engine.

- The development will start very early in 2013, Marlex want a max. development time of 1,5 years, so the latest release of the game would be summer 2014. Depends on how the crowdfunding will turn out, more things will be logically in the game.

Btw. guys let me tell you something about Vampires Dawn:
    It's worth the money. I needed for Vampires Dawn 1 20-30 hours. I rushed through Vampires Dawn 2 because it's a HUGE game but I still needed 30-60 hours. Despite that you're being entertained with (at least that was in every VD game) great combat, great humor, real vampires and an awesome story.

Alright the Crowdfunding opened and more infos:

First things first, the CF.

Here is the Page for the Crowdfunding, it should be self explaining also you can read all already-planned Infos there. Vampires Dawn 3 - The Crimson Realm - CrowdfundingVampires Dawn 3 The Crimson Realm Crowdfunding | Die offizielle Seite zum nächsten Teil der Vampires Dawn Reihe

Before I just copy the things that are already written on the Crowdfunding page I rather write something more interesting.

If you want a small taste of Vampires Dawn you can download the Mobile Phone Game (Vampires Dawn: Deceit of Heretics) for free if you register in the Forum. It's not a "full" Vampires Dawn game and it's different than the other 2 games but it's a nice look what you can expect, also this game is the first in the timeline so you'll get to know some of the backstory of Vampires Dawn. After you are registered you can download the game for free, no viruses or something like that.

Here for registration (If you want to read everything that's not any different than in other Forums, use Google Translator )
    Here for the Download (after you are logged in)

Thread Information