Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Visions of Zosimos

Hi all,

I am one of the lead developers for our upcoming title, Visions of Zosimos. We showcased the game at GDC 2012, got some really positive feedback and had a blast! So what is Visions of Zosimos?

Visions of Zosimos is a unique blend of the strategy, role-playing and collectible card game genres, allowing players across the board to experience a new form of cooperative and competitive play. Drawing inspiration from real-world ancient texts, players take on the role of a student of Alchemy, an ancient precursor to Chemistry with an emphasis on mysticism and mythology, as well as the transmutation and binding of elemental and spiritual forces.

As students, you'll gain rank and reward by creating a homunculus, an artificial being formed by the elements, fueled by the teachings of your chosen Alchemy Master, and inhabited by the spirits of real-world heroes, villains, myths, legends, kings, warlords and tyrants. Your homunculus, under your direct control, acts as your avatar as you vie for control over the last unclaimed frontier - the afterlife. Utilizing a combination of spells, ambushes and minions, you outfight and outwit your enemies while exploring alternate planes of reality shaped and molded by the stories and beliefs of our ancestors.

Everyone on the project works on it in their free time, so we were beyond excited when we were able to go to GDC and show the game off! I look forward to sharing more with everyone and talking with you all.

**I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong spot, and if so, please accept my apologies.**

I viewed your website and I would like to say that I think it is fairly fancy, although it looks like a few of the links are broken. Looks like an interesting game.

Yeah, the website is still highly under construction. There is a lot of content we still need to add onto the page, which we're working on every day. We have been doing a lot on our Facebook page however, including Developer Blogs, posting concept art, finished card art, character models, sound bits and more!

One of the main things we're looking for is what strategy players are interested in. We are setting up something called Player Directed Content, which will allow the player base to give suggestions/ideas/thoughts on what new features they would want to see implemented in, or features which the player base would want to see fixed/altered. As any online game, it is nothing without a community, and it is that community we are interested in entertaining and developing for. I'm sure we've all been subject to a team that completely ignores the player base and moves in the completely wrong direction with their game...

I would be really interested to hear what everyone's wishes lists would be, especially if you are an avid CCG or strategy player!

Have you started alpha or beta testing on the game?

We did some really early Alpha testing, got some feedback and have been developing again. We're looking at doing another testing run around November/December. As soon as I can start to post some links and images, I will.

Welcome to the forum!

What game engine are you using?
    If you didn't make your own, how did you get a commercial license?
    From what I understand most developers wont give licenses out unless you own a company. (Assuming You Don't Own One)

I'm trying to develop a game currently with Python/Lua/C++, but I don't want to publish it without having a license, or else I fear problems could be made.
    Thanks.

And again, welcome to Gamers-Forum. The bestest estest place EVAR.

Thanks, Slay!

We are currently using the HeroEngine, which is the same engine which was used for Star Wars: The Old Republic and the more recently announced Elder Scrolls: Online. We are a company, called Forever Interactive, so we have our own commercial license. You can release anything really, so long as you are not trying to make profit from it.

That's really the main problem, I spent a lot of time learning these languages, and plan to spend even more time developing a game. (Years)
    And because I'm 14 I can't own my own a business.
    I'm not sure if I can legally make profit.

Also, hope the game kicks off well!
    Last edited by Slay; 09-05-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Fixed some grammatical errors. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Slay View Post
    That's really the main problem, I spent a lot of time learning these languages, and plan to spend even more time developing a game. (Years)
    And because I'm 14 I can't own my own a business.
    I'm not sure if I can legally make profit.

Also, hope the game kicks off well!
    I know there is one engine that is free, you only need to pay if you earn more than 10 000 dollars per month(Im not exactly sure about the sum)

Thread Information