Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotray View Post
    I'd rather have the Joystick of a N64 deteriorate my fingers then waste my money on a ''new'' console that'll basically be the same as the last one. This doesn't have to turn into some argument, it's MY opinion, MY thoughts, MY take on it.
    And I respect the opinion of other people but if they are argumenting with WRONG information then I think it's a little reason to be pissed, I needed to listen to stuff like that for almost 7 years constantly now.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotray View Post
    I'd rather have the Joystick of a N64 deteriorate my fingers then waste my money on a ''new'' console that'll basically be the same as the last one. This doesn't have to turn into some argument, it's MY opinion, MY thoughts, MY take on it.
    “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
    ― Harlan Ellison

And just to point something out, the Wii U tablet isn't a portable system but more importantly where do you get off describing Nintendo as seeming to just copy others companies? Nintendo dominated the early handheld years with almost no one to fight them, and still continue to dominate it today. PSP (Playstation portable) is just Sony trying to get into the Nintendo handheld market. In other words Sony was trying to copy Nintendo with a handheld system.. Lastly do you not see how Nintendo is often the one changing things? They made the handheld market what it is, they got everyone into motion controls (being copied by Sony and Microsoft) and now after the news of their new tablet idea Microsoft is Already in development of something to mimic Nintendo's idea. Nintendo is one of the biggest innovators of the gaming market. Don't knock on a company you apparently don't know much about, and keep horribly informed opinions to yourself or you will just sound arrogant.

He must be trolling...for one, the only other system with something remotely like the Wii U is Dreamcast, with that screen on the controller idea...but instead of being a small display screen, but that is nowhere near the level of Wii U's controller. The controller interacts with the tv in ways that I've never seen before
    Nintendo Wii U Trailer (E3 2011) - YouTube

watch the whole thing. the golf part especially impresses me. So i'm not sure how somebody can say it's the same as before, because it's obviously completely different. And no, it's not just a portable Wii. If you watch the video you'll understand

btw, Nintendo has been doing handhelds since long before playstation. It's called gameboy

Quote Originally Posted by Mordry View Post
    How many times will I write this to other people?

IT IS NOT A PORTABLE WII!

It's the sequel to the Wii and a next-gen console, not portable, not an Add-On or anything like that, a fully fleshed new home console.

The N64 is far from perfect but that's mainly the Joysticks fault and if you think that the Joystick makes this console "perfect" then, I beg you, please play Mario Party 1 on your original N64 Controller again, without gloves and without the replacement Joystick.

To your Sony argument:
    The PlayStation Portable wasn't a system which was able to play PlayStation 1 or 2 games, it was a new handheld with it's own games. So the never actually unoriginal used Cliché of big companies putting their home consoles into handhelds is actually not an argument because it never happened. The GameBoy wasn't able to play games of home consoles (no matter what GameBoy), the PSP wasn't able to do it, the Game Gear wasn't able to do it, the Vita is certainly not able to do it and the DS is also not able to do it. The Handhelds from Atari weren't able to do it too.

So simply: Only Fans actually made handhelds which were able to play home console games, every big company didn't do it to this point and again: The Wii U is not a portable Wii, watch the full Video before you judge anything.

Oh and btw.: Since when is everything what Nintendo does need to be original?

The vita can play Console games, that's what it was made for. You can play the game on your ps3, save it, then start playing on your vita. Not saying Psychotray is right, because he isn't, but the vita does put console games on the handheld system.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    The vita can play Console games, that's what it was made for. You can play the game on your ps3, save it, then start playing on your vita. Not saying Psychotray is right, because he isn't, but the vita does put console games on the handheld system.
    Well as far as I know the Vita, in that case, is just an alternative Controller. The game itself is still on PS3 but I may be wrong because I don't have any personal experience with the crossplay between PS3 and PSVita. If you are right then I excuse myself for my mistake but still what I actually meant is a handheld which is able to play the actualy disc/cardridge of other games. For example that piece of fan-made technology: The XGC; Small Portable Gamecube Handheld - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Mordry View Post
    Well as far as I know the Vita, in that case, is just an alternative Controller. The game itself is still on PS3 but I may be wrong because I don't have any personal experience with the crossplay between PS3 and PSVita. If you are right then I excuse myself for my mistake but still what I actually meant is a handheld which is able to play the actualy disc/cardridge of other games. For example that piece of fan-made technology: The XGC; Small Portable Gamecube Handheld - YouTube
    It can also play handheld games like the psp, it's basically an upgraded PSP, better graphics, speed and everything with the option to continue playing your PS3 games on a handheld system. I believe you can start playing mid game, so if you have to leave then you can get your PS vita out and continue to play. The only downside to this is that you have to buy the game for both systems. So if you're playing Madden or something, you have to have Madden for the PS3 and for the PS vita. The only downfall of it, and why I wouldn't waste my money on it.

Well the handheld you posted doesn't play the disc or cartridge, they're just saved on the SD card. The PSP was able to play any retro games like the SNES or Sega. It is third party software, but it isn't exactly all that new. What most people didn't know is that the PSP was also able to play PS1 games. Again you had to have a ps3 though, you would put your PS1 game into your PS3, then using your PSP, you connect to your PS3 remotely and you can play any PS1 game on your PSP. You can also do it with third party software as well. I'm not sure if you could play PS2 games on a PSP, I do remember reading something about the PSX allows your to play PS2 games on your PSP, but it's very rare and very expensive, so it's not even worth it.

It can also play handheld games like the psp, it's basically an upgraded PSP, better graphics, speed and everything with the option to continue playing your PS3 games on a handheld system. I believe you can start playing mid game, so if you have to leave then you can get your PS vita out and continue to play. The only downside to this is that you have to buy the game for both systems. So if you're playing Madden or something, you have to have Madden for the PS3 and for the PS vita. The only downfall of it, and why I wouldn't waste my money on it.

Well the handheld you posted doesn't play the disc or cartridge, they're just saved on the SD card. The PSP was able to play any retro games like the SNES or Sega. It is third party software, but it isn't exactly all that new. What most people didn't know is that the PSP was also able to play PS1 games. Again you had to have a ps3 though, you would put your PS1 game into your PS3, then using your PSP, you connect to your PS3 remotely and you can play any PS1 game on your PSP. You can also do it with third party software as well. I'm not sure if you could play PS2 games on a PSP, I do remember reading something about the PSX allows your to play PS2 games on your PSP, but it's very rare and very expensive, so it's not even worth it.
    Ah ok, but one thing: I linked the wrong video, sorry. Here is the one I meant from the same guy. Gamecube Portable 2 - YouTube

I know almost nothing about vita, so this is just speculation, but the ps3 has an option where instead of displaying on the tv, it displays on the ps3, and you can play -some- ps3 games as well as any ps1 game on the psp, but it still has to be within range of the ps3. I'm assuming the vita can do that too, but you can also do it with ps3 games? This is what the Wii U does.

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    I know almost nothing about vita, so this is just speculation, but the ps3 has an option where instead of displaying on the tv, it displays on the ps3, and you can play -some- ps3 games as well as any ps1 game on the psp, but it still has to be within range of the ps3. I'm assuming the vita can do that too, but you can also do it with ps3 games? This is what the Wii U does.
    The way PS Vita remote play works is that it connects through, Wi Fi, so if you don't care that you keep your console running, you can play virtually anywhere that has internet. And it is supposed to work for every PS3 game, that was the main purpose of the Vita. Again to play from the PS Vita through internet you do have to have the game for both the PS3 and PS Vita. I'm not sure if you need the game on the PS Vita if you're not connecting through the internet. Like if you're just near the PS3 like you would have to be for the PSP. I don't personally own a PS vita either, but a few of my friends have one and this is what I was told.

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    Well the Wii U does a little bit more than that, the Wii U actually can interact with other signals and the environment. For example the golf thing you saw in the video, the Wii U Controller recieves the signal of the Wii Remote and then calculate the position, speed and angle of your Golf Hit. That's just one thing, another example are certain action figures which you can scan with your controller. In Rayman Legends there are these certain action figures, yet known there are the Rabbids Action figure (tons of Rabbids will appear in the game then also all enemys turn into Rabbids) and the Ezio Action Figure, what it does is unknown.

So basicly the Wii U is the next Step in one Part of Motion Technology. The other Part would be "no Controller" which Microsoft uses with Kinect.

Btw. the Controller actually can control the TV, of course optinal. Not a necessary Feature but it's a nice Gimmick.
    Last edited by Mordry; 10-08-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Thread Information