Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gamers Forum Arcade v.2

Well as the title says it, the forum has upgraded to a new and a better arcade software known as iBProArcade. It is much better and has a lot more features. You can check out the arcade from the top arcade button or any other arcade button on the forum.

I have successfully converted ALL of the games and ALL of the scores so you have nothing to lose. Surprisingly there was almost 5,000 total scores that were converted, I got that number when I ran conversion script.

If you notice the arcade home page, it is much more different because the champions are listed on there instead of the forum home page. It also has King of the Arcade and Leader of the Leaderboard. Getting to leader of the leaderboard is different and I will explain that in a separate Thread.

It has all the old 50 games and it had pacman but unfortunately, I cannot use it because of copyright issues. Ibproarcade never had a valid license to run that game on their software and neither do I and I don't really want to take the chance of getting sued so for anyone that wanted that game, I am sorry, I cannot do too much with that.

The games list is a little bit more different. It shows the best Score of all Time, actual Highscore Champion, personal best Score, Statistics, and Game-Rating.

Statistics and Game Ratings are the only two features I couldn't convert from the old v3arcade so sorry for that but those aren't really that important.

And as promised the Tournament feature has already been included and the first tournament will be held in a few days time. After people get used to this new arcade version. Tournaments can only hold 8 users at a time. So if there is a tournament open you better hurry up and get that position if you are interested.

Please note: You still need 10 posts to play the games. Banned users cannot even view the arcade so don't bother. Right now you need 0 posts per day to play but with this new feature it will be set to ONE then moved up to higher counts depending on the popularity of the forum.

If you have any questions go ahead and ask and I'll be happy to answer your query. I will post more threads regarding updates on the arcade and its new features so look out for that.

Thank you and enjoy this guys!
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

I know this is going to be awesome especially since tournaments if going to start and you can add your own flash games!!!. Like pacman and pong!! lol. (btw there are probably non-copyrighted versions that people made on the net)
    Last edited by Jasperking; 10-08-2007 at 01:01 PM.

yay new signature and red this time lol

the non-copyrighted copies are probably crappy, pixelated and not fun to play, i've played some lol - i'll try to see if i can add a few more games by next weekend
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

good work on the upgrade, it does look a lot better good to know u can add on more games later, i wonder what games will be on there

we wants more games!! lol. Well i guess the mod itself tried to include most of the games that arnt copyrighted

well if ibproarcade has the license i can get the game, i dont necessarily have to have the license so i have to do work to see what games can and cant be added - i love the games with the free licenses lol, thats how 501 darts was added

Yeah 501 darts is great fun lol. I cant believe it wasnt already on there . Btw i think we are still waiting for seconds of madness if that isnt copyrighted

i think it is but i have to find out if ibproarcade will allow that

and 501 darts isnt on there because ibproarcade has only about 5 or 6 arcade when first installed - those games came from the previous version of the v3arcade and v3arcade is crap cuz they dont allow all types of games

and i have to find seconds of madness in the format that this script can read, it cant read all types of swf games :/ sadly

So um are we actually allowed to have the games from V3arcade because it might be copyrighted to them lol

lol ibproarcade has all those games permissions and more - thats why i wanted to switch over - but ibproarcade just wants u to do the work to add the games yourself

for v3arcade i had to add them myself too and i HAD to download it off their site - if it wasnt on their site, i wasnt allowed to put it on the arcade but now im not with them anymore

Thread Information