Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Gamers Forum YouTube a.k.a. Gamers Forum Universe

This has ben in the plans for quite some time, due to lack of time and a bunch of other stuff, we haven't been able to push forward with the plans of a Gamers Forum YouTube channel...Until now.

Since the name "GamersForum" was taken by one of our older mods a few years ago as an attempt to do what we're doing now, we had to think of another name. Since we lost the login info for the other account, we could not get into it. But fear not, we have decided to call it Gamers Forum Universe (we all like games and astronomy).

Find the channel at Gamers Forum Universe - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/gamersforumu)

This is just the beginning of the channel. We plan on making a network of Gamers submitting useful gaming videos to the channel. We also hope to introduce a way for all video contributors to make some money on the side. But first, we need videos and quite a bit of interest.

As you can see from the channel, it's pretty bland, if you would like to make us a Background image to use, please get in touch with me!

As mentioned earlier, we plan on allowing gamers like you to submit your own videos to the channel. We will be setting up an FTP server for you to upload your videos for approval, once approved, they'll have our intro added and uploaded to the Channel. We are still furnishing the submission process. If you would like to be one of the firsts to submit a video, please get in touch with me as well and you can be one of our beta testers.

If you have your own channel, you can also submit a link to your video and if approved, we will simply "favorite" it and display it on our channel. Although this method may suffice, the videos will not stay up forever and no monetization will be provided (when we get there).

To get the channel started, I've created a simple and small Intro for the channel, I do plan to build on this and maybe make something with a bit more juice but for now, here is what we have and any videos submitted will use this as the intro:

There is also a first Counter-Strike GO gameplay that I created and uploaded.

Please use this thread to discuss and ask questions about the new GFU YouTube channel! With enough interest and backing, I am sure that we can take Gamers Forum to a whole new level! Please Subscribe and share to generate the interest we seek.

~LiNuX
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Sweet, already subscribed. If I had any talents to help this movie further I'd help, but I'm glad we finally have an official channel. I can't wait for the videos.

Subed. I'll be sure to see any videos that come out : D
    "Tonight make me unstoppable, and I will outshine all..."
    *Sig made by Psychotray

Awesome ! We should all try to get together and make a GF video !

I got CS:Sourec / GO
    LoL
    L4D - 2

Among other games
    Fear The FearLess

It looks awesome and I subscribed. I got a few Arma 2 vids if you want them

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    It looks awesome and I subscribed. I got a few Arma 2 vids if you want them
    Sure, do you want me to upload them to our channel or link to yours?
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

Woo we finally got this up off the ground! Are you gonna funnel the ad money into the forum? (Or towards yourself for being the greatest admin ever)
    Hopefully I will be able to send you a video or two since I have a computer that can actually run stuff

There is no money at the moment, but once we start making, there are ways to track which videos are making income and the plan was to compensate a percentage to the person that created/submitted the video and whatever is left can go to forum improvements, promotions, etc.

Before we get to all of that, we actually need to join a gaming network (like Machinima) to legally make money and to be accepted into their network, we need subscribers, videos, and quite a bit of views.

I heard joining Machinima is the worse, they will slave you !
    Fear The FearLess

Why do we need to join Machinima to make money from YouTube? Does it have to do with the fact that the money if going to the forum as opposed to someone's personal account?

Thread Information