Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should I Get Mists of Pandaria?

Old time WoW player here; used to play vanilla and outlands. Thinking of going back to the game but need some opinions first.

What's it like guys? I did see some videos and it does look pretty, but looks does not equal fun.

Was thinking of restarting the game using a Panda monk to see what the new class feels like.

Also, do I get the previous expansions if I buy MoP?
    My blog: Diablo 3

you would have to buy the other expansions leading up to MoP if you came back. However, if you have a friend that plays, ask them to send you a Scroll of Resurrection. If you use the SoR to reactivate your account you will automatically be upgraded to Cata for free, one character will be eligible to get leveled to 80 automatically and you get a free character transfer to move one of your characters to your friends server. Unfortunately, if you have already used an SoR on your account in the past, youre screwed....

As far as if MoP is worth it, I think so, so far. Cata was a big let down for me. MoP seems a little more fine tuned. My biggest complaint right now is the over simplified talent trees. I liked the old ones better, but thats just me.
    I am enjoying the battle pet system WAY more than i ever thought I would have. Its a fun way to kill time waiting to queue for dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by kyojinalex View Post
    you would have to buy the other expansions leading up to MoP if you came back. However, if you have a friend that plays, ask them to send you a Scroll of Resurrection. If you use the SoR to reactivate your account you will automatically be upgraded to Cata for free, one character will be eligible to get leveled to 80 automatically and you get a free character transfer to move one of your characters to your friends server. Unfortunately, if you have already used an SoR on your account in the past, youre screwed....

As far as if MoP is worth it, I think so, so far. Cata was a big let down for me. MoP seems a little more fine tuned. My biggest complaint right now is the over simplified talent trees. I liked the old ones better, but thats just me.
    I am enjoying the battle pet system WAY more than i ever thought I would have. Its a fun way to kill time waiting to queue for dungeons.
    My friend has one, was not aware it gives you all of the expansions up to Cata too. Where can I find more info on this?

Also, insta level 80 sounds cheap lol.

This is the link to the SoR FAQ on the battle.net site

Scroll of Resurrection FAQ - Battle.net Support

In my opinion the newest expansion to WoW is fairly disappointing. Let your memories of WoW from the good days stay with you. Don't ruin it with Cata and MoP

nothing can ruing my memories of old WoW haha. If anything, the new expansions make me miss them more. Never forget!

Quote Originally Posted by kyojinalex View Post
    This is the link to the SoR FAQ on the battle.net site

Scroll of Resurrection FAQ - Battle.net Support
    I see. That's cool but patch 1.0.5 just came out for Diablo 3 so that's gonna be hogging up my time now lol.

I would not recommend you to buy MoP. I quit Wow two or three months ago while it was still Cata... Wow gets cheaper with every addon Blizz releases. I just got tired from the easiness (and whiny little twelve year-olds, GOD those twelve-year olds).
    But to return to the topic, I participated in the beta and wasn't too impressed. It's all new of course but if you last played BC you'll be extremely disappointed by how this game changed. I cherish the good old times (and LOVED BC) but was glad I quit. There's nothing for you there

Quote Originally Posted by chararii View Post
    I would not recommend you to buy MoP. I quit Wow two or three months ago while it was still Cata... Wow gets cheaper with every addon Blizz releases. I just got tired from the easiness (and whiny little twelve year-olds, GOD those twelve-year olds).
    But to return to the topic, I participated in the beta and wasn't too impressed. It's all new of course but if you last played BC you'll be extremely disappointed by how this game changed. I cherish the good old times (and LOVED BC) but was glad I quit. There's nothing for you there
    They sent me an email saying I could get MOP 40% off lol. Just another reason NOT to get the game :P.

Now imagine how I felt about the quality of D3 when they said I could get it free with a year of WoW. I kid

Thread Information