Default Under rated and under appreciated

This thread is dedicated to all the the amazing games out there that you feel are under rated and under appreciated. Games that everyone should have played, but they just didn't gain the popularity they deserve.

There are 3 games that immediately come to mind for me.

Indigo Prophecy was a game that people seemed to love or hate. I thought the storyline was one of the most intense and the gameplay had you so immersed in it.

Shoadow of the Colossus is one of my top 20 favorite games. The game is pure art. Awe inspiring. This one gained a decent following, but not enough imo.

Psychonauts is one of my favorite platformers. The artwork, animation and gameplay in this game made it unique and fun. Its developer, Double Fine, talks about wanting to make a sequel, but I guess they just don't have the resources for it right now

I actually just got the SoC 3 game pack a few months ago. Still sitting unopened. The amount of games I need to play is too damn high!

I would like to add Planescape: Torment to this thread

Oh yeah! I forgot about the Legend of the Mystical Ninja for SNES. Back when it came out, it seemed like me and one other friend were the only people who had even heard of this game. It was so damn much fun!

I must probably say beyond good and evil, WAY to few played it. Also as the bohemia interactive fanboy I must give some propaganda to the ArmA serie.

*WARNING fanboyism "Arma 2 is the best fps I have ever played(if you can get used to sloppy voiceating and strange controls)" *End of fanboyism.

Another game that just came to mind is Indigo Prophecy. A very good game that few people played, but got good reviews. I really enjoyed playing through that one.

Kya: Dark Lineage for PS2. It is lovingly designed and even though it's for children I still play it whenever I feel like it because it just never gets old. My first game and I still wait for a sequel as the ending is no real ending at all. It's unique.
    What’s your favorite thing about space? Mine is space.
    Space.
    Gotta go to space. Lady. Lady.
    Oo. Oo. Oo. Lady. Oo. Lady. Oo. Let’s go to space.
    Space going to space can’t wait. Spaaaaaaaace...

Monster Hunter is very successful everywhere but the USA. Its one of the best selling series nationwide and get consistently bad reviews in the US. =/
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Thread Information