Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default My Youtube videos

Well, i'm in a film class so I have access to a nice camera and editing software, so i'm going to take advantage of it by making some videos and putting them on my youtube channel...only problem is, aside from our in-class assignments, I don't know what to make. Anybody have any ideas? I'm going to be posting my videos in this topic as I make them.

Here's a project we did in class

Xbox Rage - YouTube

It's more about editing technique and believable continuity than it is telling a story...

Nice job on the editing, that's probably one of the things I don't like about making vids, the editing can be painstaking.

Don't know what to suggest for topics for new videos.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    Nice job on the editing, that's probably one of the things I don't like about making vids, the editing can be painstaking.

Don't know what to suggest for topics for new videos.
    I actually liked editing it together. it was fun. I'm making a music video for my friend's band and THAT is a pain. The only bad part of editing though is when you don't have enough footage and so you have to rely on cheap editing tricks that, while they work, they might be sort of jumpy.

Our next video is an interview project, and the bass player from 10,000 Maniacs works at the school as the sound guy so i'm going to see if we can interview him.

That's 3:45 of my life I can never get back....

Shout out to Eggs for the awesome signature

Quote Originally Posted by NerfTrynPlz View Post
    That's 3:45 of my life I can never get back....
    Now you know how everybody else feels after reading your posts

When did you turn into a hot chick?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaykub View Post
    When did you turn into a hot chick?
    That's my friend lol i was filming everything

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    I actually liked editing it together. it was fun. I'm making a music video for my friend's band and THAT is a pain. The only bad part of editing though is when you don't have enough footage and so you have to rely on cheap editing tricks that, while they work, they might be sort of jumpy.

Our next video is an interview project, and the bass player from 10,000 Maniacs works at the school as the sound guy so i'm going to see if we can interview him.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it, I like doing it especially when I have an image in my head, but it just takes so long. Even with my basic programming videos, I edit out all the mistakes and replace them with corrections and that can take hours. ]

Can't wait to see your next vid. Definitely have a lot of potential.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Afternoon of Boredom would have been better title, there was no rage in it :c But if the task was about editing, then good job! The flow of the scenes was believable, no sharp and stupid movements between the tv/girl/whatever. Most of the camera movement was explained by some action/given info, tho it took me a while to read that NO SIGNAL text on telly, that could have been filmed closer (death by zoom and crappy focus)

The opening of the casing was overly dramatic and -do-it-slow-and-turn-it-to-camera-so-we-can-see, but thats more directing and telling the story than editing... Yea, that I can say is that it was _boring_, and that the girl was bored, and that there was no rage. Just a silly scream at the end. You should re-title it again, then ppl wouldn't be so disappointed.

TL:DR
    Nice job, 7-, re-title it.

Quote Originally Posted by vepanator View Post
    Afternoon of Boredom would have been better title, there was no rage in it :c But if the task was about editing, then good job! The flow of the scenes was believable, no sharp and stupid movements between the tv/girl/whatever. Most of the camera movement was explained by some action/given info, tho it took me a while to read that NO SIGNAL text on telly, that could have been filmed closer (death by zoom and crappy focus)

The opening of the casing was overly dramatic and -do-it-slow-and-turn-it-to-camera-so-we-can-see, but thats more directing and telling the story than editing... Yea, that I can say is that it was _boring_, and that the girl was bored, and that there was no rage. Just a silly scream at the end. You should re-title it again, then ppl wouldn't be so disappointed.

TLR
    Nice job, 7-, re-title it.
    Well, the "no signal" part was hard to focus, but I didn't want to do another cut back to the tv, and I wanted to try a zoom...that's not one of the better parts. And honestly, I just told her to take the game out of the case, and that's how she did it. I filmed around how she did it. But yeah, everybody in class was disappointed that she didn't throw stuff at the end, I didn't know what else to put as a title though. The scream at the end was taken from a different video, we had to zoom in on something, and she chose to zoom in on this one girl and the whole time she was like nooooo! nooooo! So I grabbed the audio from that since it was right before it was due and didn't have time to record something new...I probably should have before uploading it to youtube though...ah well, it's not like that was the pinnacle of my video-making.

Any suggestions for a better name?

Thread Information