Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Nice videos man, keep it up.
    My blog: Diablo 3

Well, I did the interview project and he said he doesn't want me to put it on Youtube, so I guess I can't show you that. Quite a shame, really, as I think it could be a good video (and get me some nice views) but oh well.

Since I'm going as Super Sayian Goku for Halloween, expect a video of me going SS in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    Now you know how everybody else feels after reading your posts
    It took you 3 minutes to read my post? Wow.... Education system fails yet another child....

Shout out to Eggs for the awesome signature

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    Well, I did the interview project and he said he doesn't want me to put it on Youtube, so I guess I can't show you that. Quite a shame, really, as I think it could be a good video (and get me some nice views) but oh well.

Since I'm going as Super Sayian Goku for Halloween, expect a video of me going SS in the next few days.
    Can't wait to see the costume. Saw a little kid at Comic Con as Super Sayian Goku, he messed up the hair though.

Quote Originally Posted by NerfTrynPlz View Post
    It took you 3 minutes to read my post? Wow.... Education system fails yet another child....
    Don't return to this thread anymore.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    Can't wait to see the costume. Saw a little kid at Comic Con as Super Sayian Goku, he messed up the hair though.
    Yeah i'm not sure how the hair is going to come out but I hope it turns out okay. My hair is a bit longer in the front, so it's not cut perfectly...but the top layers are all longer than the bottom layers, so that might help.

J.O.B. Squad - Big Poppa Pump (Official Video) - YouTube

Finally finished my friend's band's music video. check it out!

The video didn't support the song, I didn't see the point of using the fish-eye/circular effect, and the places selected for the camera were clumsy. Quality and lightning were constantly changing, obviously not by effect, but a crappy camera and editing work. I tried to look at it (for the second time) like what if the idea is to get close to the band, but I didn't see it working either.

I suck at giving constructive feedback, but try to think this post as one. Lol.

Nice practice I bet, keep on going and in few moments you'll be pro!
    Last edited by vepanator; 11-10-2012 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vepanator View Post
    The video didn't support the song, I didn't see the point of using the fish-eye/circular effect, and the places selected for the camera were clumsy. Quality and lightning were constantly changing, obviously not by effect, but a crappy camera and editing work. I tried to look at it (for the second time) like what if the idea is to get close to the band, but I didn't see it working either.

I suck at giving constructive feedback, but try to think this post as one. Lol.

Nice practice I bet, keep on going and in few moments you'll be pro!
    well, it's hard to shoot it when the entire crowd is pushing your around. also, everyone else was an idiot and thought the 2 lights i had set up was enough so they turned everything else off so it was hard to see anything. other than that, lots of hardcore bands use fish eye lens. The reason the lighting was different was because we used footage from two different shows, which again, lots of bands do.

I wish I had gotten some better footage, but trust me, it's not the editing.
    Last edited by EpsilonX; 11-10-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Yea well couldn't you book a time and place with the band just by yourselfs to take some good footage? Without the crowd. If not, You should have organized the crowd to act (pit or not, it's not an excuse to use) and as a director/camera man/producer (that I assume you were) you don't get much respect from other film makers if you can't get your crowd to behave.

Fish-eye on music videos? Only band, that i remember using it is that one who covered from Jackson's song Smooth Criminal.

Now, for the next video, set the location, direct the members on shoot, between shots/places, make sure there is a reason for the lightning to change and all that.

Reason I'm paying so much attention to the camera and all the footage stuff, is that I do this for living and I've been studying it for so, so long. Your editing is good, but that's somewhat the easiest part of making a _good_ film.

It's all a good practice, and you need to keep doing this! You got the potential to become a good editor.

Quote Originally Posted by vepanator View Post
    Yea well couldn't you book a time and place with the band just by yourselfs to take some good footage? Without the crowd. If not, You should have organized the crowd to act (pit or not, it's not an excuse to use) and as a director/camera man/producer (that I assume you were) you don't get much respect from other film makers if you can't get your crowd to behave.

Fish-eye on music videos? Only band, that i remember using it is that one who covered from Jackson's song Smooth Criminal.

Now, for the next video, set the location, direct the members on shoot, between shots/places, make sure there is a reason for the lightning to change and all that.

Reason I'm paying so much attention to the camera and all the footage stuff, is that I do this for living and I've been studying it for so, so long. Your editing is good, but that's somewhat the easiest part of making a _good_ film.

It's all a good practice, and you need to keep doing this! You got the potential to become a good editor.
    I mean, I was hoping that people would behave, but none of them seemed to care. I told the drummer I was gonna shoot the music video ahead of time and he never told the band members, and then somebody in the crowd unplugged this one light thinking that the one i set up behind the band would be enough and I told them to turn the one light back on but everybody else was like NO THIS LOOKS AWESOME! So I was just like fine whatever. I'm surprised it actually turned out as good as it did. I fully realize it could have turned out a lot better, and it disappoints me that what happened happened, but the band likes it so that's really all that matters. I'm gonna try to make another music video for my old band if we do a reunion show next year, and it's not just gonna be live footage put over top the song, so that'll turn out a lot better. But, it's not supposed to look extremely well-produced. It's a local hardcore band live footage video shot in a cabin in the middle of the woods...I was intending it to look really raw, so keep that in mind. If I was going for like a more professional looking video, I would have filmed them at practice or individually or something.

Also, I had a friend who's been doing photography for a lot longer than I have film all the stuff that was done using the wide angle lens, so that was his choice. I personally, as well as everybody else i've shown, likes the effect. here's a few other videos off the top of my head that use it

The Kansas City Massacre- All Escaping Sadists (Music Video) - YouTube Old Local Band
    blink-182 - The Rock Show - YouTube
    Beastie Boys - Shake Your Rump - YouTube

I can't think of any more

But really though, I just wanted to shoot them a video for practice, which is what it was. Nothing really went according to plan, but next time I'll make sure it's a lot better.

Another thing is...it was an actual show, not a music video shoot. So I wasn't gonna tell the crowd not to mosh and stuff, or stop the band or anything. I tried my best not to get in the way of their concert, and I certainly wasn't going to kill the energy by telling the crowd not to mosh. Besides, these are the people that say "if you go to a show, you're gonna get punched. If you don't wanna get hit, don't come to a show"

(ps: you kinda made it seem like the whole video was garbage...do you really think it's that bad? or are you just being harsh to help get the point across/help me improve?)

thanks for the advice though
    Last edited by EpsilonX; 11-10-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Thread Information