Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

just a couple days ago, a group pressured me to vote against obama for $20. I didn't do it, but I found it ridiculous.

Don't post bull**** in the *serious news* forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    I agree. That's why I loved when people say that Obama "hasn't done anything." Those people are just morons that have no concept of how long it takes to just get simple policies put into place and changed to begin with. He's only been in office for 4 years... and 4 years isn't long enough to fix EVERYTHING (especially after coming in after Bush's mess).
    Finally, people that get it. People are like vote for Romney because Obama hasn't changed anything! Well yeah, he hasn't had enough time and if you vote for Romney, he won't have enough time to change anything either. But look at what each candidate -wants- to do. Voting for Romney seems like a much worse idea.

I thought when you become president for the first time, the first two years you really can't do much. I thought they had something set up, so the new president can see how everything works before he has all the authority a president normally has. I could be wrong, but I thought I learned that in government class.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    I thought when you become president for the first time, the first two years you really can't do much. I thought they had something set up, so the new president can see how everything works before he has all the authority a president normally has. I could be wrong, but I thought I learned that in government class.
    2 years seems a bit ridiculous...there might be a small amount of time but what's the point of electing a new President if he can't do anything for half of his term? But really, why do you think Presidents always seem to run for re-election? Cuz they don't have enough time to get anything done in 1 term
    Last edited by EpsilonX; 10-29-2012 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    I thought it was like a few months or something? They're elected in November but don't actually take hold of office until February/March, to get moved into the thing kinda slowly.
    Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    But really, why do you think Presidents always seem to run for re-election? They don't have enough time to get anything done in 1 term
    Sometimes I wish that the old rules were still around. I dunno if the USA had them, but in Canada you used to be able to hold office as long as you kept getting voted in. Or maybe it was down there I can't remember :/ I just remember someone being in office for 4 or 5 terms, something crazy like that and doing wonders for the country.

R-Money is also thinking of cutting FEMA. Because that's really gonna help. Sure they messed up during Katrina but I don't understand the logic behind getting rid of an agency dedicated to handling emergencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenoi View Post
    just a couple days ago, a group pressured me to vote against obama for $20. I didn't do it, but I found it ridiculous.
    You should have taken it and offered each of them $1 to vote for Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    Sometimes I wish that the old rules were still around. I dunno if the USA had them, but in Canada you used to be able to hold office as long as you kept getting voted in. Or maybe it was down there I can't remember :/ I just remember someone being in office for 4 or 5 terms, something crazy like that and doing wonders for the country.
    They put the limit of 2 terms after FDR. He served for 4 terms. City Mayors also have limits, in NYC it used to be 2 terms but Bloomberg had it expanded. I think the limit is 2-3 for governors and none for Senate and Congresspeople.

It's all very confusing. I'm glad they have limits though, otherwise this wonderful country may still have George Bush as President.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by Kenoi View Post
    Should of taken the money and just said you did lol, they cant prove one way or another. Just like companies trying to force/scare employees into voting towards Romney. Just say you did then vote how you'd like

naw man, $20 is just $20, I work to make more than that. haha, besides, I dont know who to vote for

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    They put the limit of 2 terms after FDR. He served for 4 terms. City Mayors also have limits, in NYC it used to be 2 terms but Bloomberg had it expanded. I think the limit is 2-3 for governors and none for Senate and Congresspeople.

It's all very confusing. I'm glad they have limits though, otherwise this wonderful country may still have George Bush as President.
    There is no such limit here, and the "prime minister" that has been the longest time here was that for over 20 years(23 years to be exact)

Thread Information