Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    Never really cared if they legalize, people can do what they please IMO, but I personally will probably never use it. I've seen too many of my friends turn into complete idiots and have it ruin their lives.
    They were probably idiots to begin with, the weed just made it more obvious.

Sig by TheMangler

I have a cousin I was really close with ruin his life with wee and other drugs so the chance of me doing it are low even if it does become legal. He has been set to the hospital for not paying back his drug money and all kinds of crazy stuff.

man... this sounds bad. what if they were to operate a vehicle while being high? cops are on alert status the whole time now... maybe meeting their quotas of catching civilians some kind of HUI? haha
    either way, I'm against this, but I'm sure there are some specific details on this (as linux said)

Quote Originally Posted by Synge View Post
    They were probably idiots to begin with, the weed just made it more obvious.
    I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenoi View Post
    man... this sounds bad. what if they were to operate a vehicle while being high? cops are on alert status the whole time now... maybe meeting their quotas of catching civilians some kind of HUI? haha
    either way, I'm against this, but I'm sure there are some specific details on this (as linux said)
    There are specs. And you can get a DUI, just like you can with alcohol (this will be measured by a blood test and the amount of THC in your system). You can only carry 1 oz on you at a time. Medical dispensaries can not sell to the public. You can grow your own (but can only have a certain # of plants and you can keep all of your own crops). You need a license to sell. Those are just a few examples of some of the regulations. And yes, being high and operating a vehicle high wouldn't be smart. But how is that any different than someone operating a car while drunk? The risk is always there. It's up to people to be responsible... just like how it's up to them when they're drunk.

People that think weed is any worse than alcohol are morons. Weed doesn't **** you up anywhere near the amount that alcohol can. So all of you that are against weed being legal, I assume must be against alcohol being legal as well? If not, that makes no sense. I can tell you that I've blacked out from being drunk. The worst thing that happened to me when I was high was that I ate some cheetohs and took a nap. I'd rather someone be stoned and driving a vehicle, then drunk and possibly black out.

And as for people ruining their lives with weed? I'm sorry, but they were destined to be screw ups with or without the weed. I know people that smoke weed that have their masters in physics (hell, my best friends dad is a doctor and he smokes daily), just like I know people that have smoked weed that are burn outs.

I smoke weed on a daily basis. I went to and graduated from college. I have a house, a good job and a family.... I have all of these things because I wanted them and worked toward them. Weed doesn't hinder any of that for me. So again, if you know someone whose life is messed up, trust me... it's not the weed. It's them >_<
    Last edited by Mizel; 11-08-2012 at 10:42 AM.

I'm not going to debate out, because it's pointless, no ones mind is going to be changed about it. But, IMO there hasn't been enough studies and test on the long term effects of Marijuana to be conclusive that there are no negative side effects. I've noticed everyone that smokes it says there aren't, but that's not saying much IMO. It's completely possible that there isn't any, but I don't anyone has enough evidence to make a decision on it yet. I mean just because people smoked it and their lives turned out great and nothing bad happened, doesn't mean it did for everyone. Not everyone that drinks gets liver failure, not everyone that smokes get lung cancer. Again, not against anyone that uses it, just not going to my self.

The good news about this, now that Marijuana is legal in Colorado, test will definitely be done on it, and we'll finally get some conclusive proof to the effects of it.

Oh, you're totally right. I mean, there have been many tests done on long term use- but none of them have been fully conclusive yet. My point is just that it doesn't make sense for alcohol and/or cigarettes to be legal and marijuana to not be. They HAVE concluded that long term use of alcohol/cigs is terrible for your body. There's no doubt about that but yet those things are still fully legal?

But that's my whole point. Some people drink alcohol like mature adults and it doesn't destroy their lives. Others turn into raging alcoholics and destroy their livers. Same thing with weed. It's all about being responsible and I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for those that don't know how to be responsible. But that sure as hell shouldn't be any reason for me not to be able to smoke. It's the whole "the few ruining it for everyone" concept.

Legalizing weed should have the same guidelines as anything else out there of the same nature. It should be regulated and if need be those that abuse it should most def be prosecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    Oh, you're totally right. I mean, there have been many tests done on long term use- but none of them have been fully conclusive yet. My point is just that it doesn't make sense for alcohol and/or cigarettes to be legal and marijuana to not be. They HAVE concluded that long term use of alcohol/cigs is terrible for your body. There's no doubt about that but yet those things are still fully legal?

But that's my whole point. Some people drink alcohol like mature adults and it doesn't destroy their lives. Others turn into raging alcoholics and destroy their livers. Same thing with weed. It's all about being responsible and I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for those that don't know how to be responsible. But that sure as hell shouldn't be any reason for me not to be able to smoke. It's the whole "the few ruining it for everyone" concept.

Legalizing weed should have the same guidelines as anything else out there of the same nature. It should be regulated and if need be those that abuse it should most def be prosecuted.
    The only reason Tobacco and Alcohol are legal is solely because they were around pre 1900's. If alcohol was just founded in the past decade or so, it wouldn't be legalized, same with tobacco.

So was slavery and it's illegal now? lol So they find out this stuff can do major harm to your body but keep it around because it's "always been around"? Doesn't make much sense. However, I am amused to think of the mass chaos that would ensue if they tried to make either item illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    So was slavery and it's illegal now? lol So they find out this stuff can do major harm to your body but keep it around because it's "always been around"? Doesn't make much sense. However, I am amused to think of the mass chaos that would ensue if they tried to make either item illegal.
    Owning another human and doing something that only effects your self ( in most cases) is completely different. Ethics come into play with that, I wouldn't even compare making slavery illegal to any other thing.

Plus making slavery illegal wasn't so easy, it wasn't the only thing America as a country couldn't come to an agreement with physical conflict with and caused us to break into our only civil war. Also, the thing that's stopping us from making it illegal now is the jobs and money it creates. If they made both illegal, so many jobs would be lost and the government wouldn't be getting any of the taxes from it. We'd definitely go into a recession then.

Also, they did try to make alcohol illegal and like you said, mass chaos everywhere lol.

I know LOL It was a ridiculous comparison, just trying to make a point. But no really... I get why we keep these things legal (and I think we should), but really what it boils down to is that marijuana is basically on the exact same level as either alcohol or cigarettes. I just can't see why anyone would be against it. Plus, it will also create jobs and we can tax the shiz out of it like we do with cigarettes (at least I think cigs are more taxed than other items?).
    Last edited by Mizel; 11-08-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Thread Information