Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I completely agree with you, IMO cigarettes have worse effects on the body then both Alcohol and Marijuana. I think now that Colorado has legalized it, other states will too, just a matter of time.

I am kinda twisted in this. In one way its better if the weed goes away from the streets and into places where it can be controlled. On the other way it might be easier to get your hands on it now. And as said its not known what effect it got on the brain in the long turn. However it does things with the brain (just like alcohol) and it distorts certain functions (like the sense of time and short time memory).

However in my oppinion alcohol is more dangerous than marijuana, only that people know more about alcohol and its effects so that makes marijuana more "mysterious" in the minds of many people. And many thinks that things they dont know all about is more dangerous.

I hoped I made sense

Haha It made perfect sense. And I totally agree. I think cognitively, alcohol is worse for you and health wise cigs are worse for you. Out of the 3, I'd say sweet ole Mary Jane is the least harmful (at least from what we know already).

I will say this. I've had my share of being drunk and stoned. I wasn't kidding when I said the worst thing I've done when stoned was eat a bag of cheetohs and nap LOL When I first started smoking, I wouldnt drive though because I had the tendency to drive suuuuper slow haha But I have def made some baaaaad decisions while black out drunk. Not to mention the vomiting and hangovers :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    I totally agree.

There are specs. And you can get a DUI, just like you can with alcohol (this will be measured by a blood test and the amount of THC in your system). You can only carry 1 oz on you at a time. Medical dispensaries can not sell to the public. You can grow your own (but can only have a certain # of plants and you can keep all of your own crops). You need a license to sell. Those are just a few examples of some of the regulations. And yes, being high and operating a vehicle high wouldn't be smart. But how is that any different than someone operating a car while drunk? The risk is always there. It's up to people to be responsible... just like how it's up to them when they're drunk.

People that think weed is any worse than alcohol are morons. Weed doesn't **** you up anywhere near the amount that alcohol can. So all of you that are against weed being legal, I assume must be against alcohol being legal as well? If not, that makes no sense. I can tell you that I've blacked out from being drunk. The worst thing that happened to me when I was high was that I ate some cheetohs and took a nap. I'd rather someone be stoned and driving a vehicle, then drunk and possibly black out.

And as for people ruining their lives with weed? I'm sorry, but they were destined to be screw ups with or without the weed. I know people that smoke weed that have their masters in physics (hell, my best friends dad is a doctor and he smokes daily), just like I know people that have smoked weed that are burn outs.

I smoke weed on a daily basis. I went to and graduated from college. I have a house, a good job and a family.... I have all of these things because I wanted them and worked toward them. Weed doesn't hinder any of that for me. So again, if you know someone whose life is messed up, trust me... it's not the weed. It's them >_<
    thanks for the complete detail, didn't mean to make you rant. speaking about that, I am kind of changing my mind-- it could help the people who are starved, that can be a good use of weed right? like a medicinal use. but yes, I agree. its the people who dont listen to the law these days ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kenoi View Post
    thanks for the complete detail, didn't mean to make you rant. speaking about that, I am kind of changing my mind-- it could help the people who are starved, that can be a good use of weed right? like a medicinal use. but yes, I agree. its the people who dont listen to the law these days ...
    Oh no, you didn't make me rant! lol I was just trying to show my point of view on it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    The only reason Tobacco and Alcohol are legal is solely because they were around pre 1900's. If alcohol was just founded in the past decade or so, it wouldn't be legalized, same with tobacco.
    Dude, Weeds been around for thousands of years. As for the topic, I'm indifferent Good for some bad for others.

It's all about moderation.. with any mind altering substance people who can't do Cigarettes, Alcohol or weed in moderation should stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by Shixx View Post
    Dude, Weeds been around for thousands of years. As for the topic, I'm indifferent Good for some bad for others.

It's all about moderation.. with any mind altering substance people who can't do Cigarettes, Alcohol or weed in moderation should stay away.
    Yeah, but it wasn't mass produced like tobacco and alcohol, makes a big difference. Before the !950's or so, marijuana wasn't very known

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    The only reason Tobacco and Alcohol are legal is solely because they were around pre 1900's. If alcohol was just founded in the past decade or so, it wouldn't be legalized, same with tobacco.
    marijuana was actually founded arounded the same time as tobacco and alchol, actually it was americas first paper product, the decleration of independence was written on it, the only reason it was criminilized is because the paper industry was losing money so they had a part of it's discrimination, our founding farmer george washington had an entire field of plants for himself, goes to show that mary j has been with america since its dawn.

Thread Information