Thread: Wireless issue

Default Wireless issue

I just bought a new Samsung Series 3 laptop and it keeps dropping the wireless connection and then reconnects. I'll be surfing the web and then it goes out. This only happens with this laptop I've been on other laptops at the same time with no problem. Anyone one have any solutions?

info:

Samsung Series 3 notebook model# NP350E7C-A01US

Windows 8

Cisco Valet plus router and Arris modem

How strong is the signal?

And if it's an issue with that laptop, then it may be a network card problem. Try wired connection if you can and see if that goes out. Also try to redownload any network drivers to see if that fixes the issue.

The issue could also be with Windows 8 and it's non-awesomeness.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

its at full bars and I did something with the command prompt and that seems to have fixed it for the time being. Its the fastest I've seen it so far.

Welcome to windows 8, it sucks.

ok, it just went out while I was here I ran diagnostics and it told me "Windows could not communicate with the DNS Server" itfixes itself immediately but is there any permanent fix?

Try to set a manual IP to it. You'd have to google directions for windows 8 (I'm assuming going to the actual options will be a bit different due to the different layout).

And use whatever DNS servers your ISP provides as the main.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

To set your manual IP you can get there by going to the metro start menu, just start typing "network connections" switch the search to settings and select network connections.

From there you can right click your network adapter and change it's properties.

A side note, if you just purchased it call support. There should be a 90 day manufacturers warranty. If there is something wrong with it they should either fix it or replace it.

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

Calling Samsung is gonna be last resort I hate sending stuff back. I bought it at Staples and they have offered me free 30 min in store tech support with them to go over issues so I may do that first if I can't figure this out on my own, but I'll try the network connections settings first.

Edit: problem solved hopefully while I was rooting around my network settings I discovered a setting that allows my pc to turn its wireless adapter off to conserve battery. Apparently Microsoft being the geniuses that they are thought this was a good idea I changed the setting and all is good
    Last edited by Metallica1983; 01-08-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Ah yes that setting. It is the bane of Lenovos. Didn't realize samsung had the same issue. Glad to hear it's working for you now.

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

Thread Information