Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I really hate the trigger buttons on the Xbox, but I don't mind the rest of the controller. And also...I really wanted the PS3 "boomerang" controller but nobody else liked it :\

rumor

Sources close to the hardware have revealed to us that PS4 will ship with a redesigned controller which is the same size as an existing DualShock but features a small touchpad in place of the existing Select, Start and PS buttons. The tech is based on Vita’s rear touchpad, and is similarly responsive in use.

A new Share button on the controller will, when pressed, launch a new feature that will allow screenshots and video to be distributed online. The PS4 hardware will continually record the most recent 15 minutes of onscreen action (with no processing penalty, claims our source), which users will then be able to edit and broadcast via the Internet.
    That wouldnt be so bad

I really hope they don't change the controller too much, I've been a Sony fanboy since I moved over from Nintendo, I really fell in love with the DualShock design. It would be a shame to change everything that's worked for so long.. It's sad, but this might be a console mover for me :/

I still wouldn't move consoles lol Really it's between Xbox and PS... and honestly, no matter how much they change the PS controller... it still can't be worse than Xbox's :P

That's true, But I've gotten into PC gaming recently (High end Laptop and all) So, what I meant by Console mover, is converting fully into a PC Gamer, though that thought frightens me..

Not me. Im basically already a PC only gamer lol Minus some stuff, obviously :P

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    I haven't heard any news about a new xbox controller? Or are you talking about older ones, because they're pretty similar, they just made a little smaller and removed a few buttons.
    Yeah the orignal controllers they just shrank and moved buttons. Then they moved the black/white to be bumpers on the 360 controller. A lot comfier.

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    I really hate the trigger buttons on the Xbox, but I don't mind the rest of the controller.
    It's the only reason I don't play PS3 so much. I can't stand the triggers, it feels like they're gonna fall off when I'm pulling the triggers. And when I watch movies and set the controller down it always forwards or rewinds D: But I love the PS3 d-pad. Everyone need to learn from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    I still wouldn't move consoles lol Really it's between Xbox and PS... and honestly, no matter how much they change the PS controller... it still can't be worse than Xbox's :P
    But...the xbox is the same as the PS3, just swap the d-pad and left stick around D: Actually there's a controller out where you can do just that. You can also pop off the triggers, and replace them with P3 or Xbox whichever you like. They make them for Xbox, and PS3. Just a heads up if there's any 360 exclusives you want to play in the future. I was gonna buy one for PS3 (prefer the feel of 360 controller better) but they were sold out where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    But...the xbox is the same as the PS3, just swap the d-pad and left stick around D: Actually there's a controller out where you can do just that. You can also pop off the triggers, and replace them with P3 or Xbox whichever you like. They make them for Xbox, and PS3. Just a heads up if there's any 360 exclusives you want to play in the future. I was gonna buy one for PS3 (prefer the feel of 360 controller better) but they were sold out where I live.
    It's big and bulky and not as comfy in my hands. And the Dpad and the stick switched annoys me too. I've just never been able to get used to the controller and prefer the ps3 by far. Im sure if ALL I had was an Xbox, I'd get used to it.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Now I've got a Ps3 controller for my PC also, which is really nice

I use a PS3 controller (I have a PS3 as well) for 1 game on my PC and it happens to be Dark Souls. The only reason is I don't have a corded xbox controller, and the PS3 controls connect with Bluetooth.

Anyone that has played dark souls for PC knows that mouse and keyboard is not an option.

Haha Yea. I used to be all anti using controllers with PC games. Now Im all for it :P

Thread Information