Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Health, bar. I rather not have to look away from the screen to see my health lol. Maybe it'll just show the battery power left in the controller, along with maybe the time and other little things. That would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    Yeah it's hard to say. With the Wii U they can do pretty much anything. With this guy though, maybe like a health bar? Not much wiggle room, shoulda just left it out imo :S
    I actually saw a really cool fan gif of one possibility of the screen... it was a touch screen with all PS home's options on it (like the PS home button, video, game, etc). I actually really liked that idea.

So new Sony release today. PS4 controller has the touch pad which we knew. A share button. It took the trigger design from Microsoft, which is a big improvement, gives the user more controller. Also thumb sticks are now concave down like the xbox, allows for better grip and more comfortable. Another improvement I think. Lastly the LED screen is actually a light bar. It'll be used as a sensor bar for some games, tilting the controller I suspect will effect your character in the game.

Sony new features are:

Triggers
    Share Button
    Touch Pad
    Concave down analog sticks
    Lightbar

IMO all good improvements, really impressed with Sony this year.

Gotta say, kind of ironic that you guys were saying how Microsoft copied Sony's design and here they are taking two design features from the 360 controller

Wait... who was saying that Microsoft copied Sony?? Lol That's the dumbest thing Ive ever heard xD Controllers have pretty much followed generally the same form since the NES. (Generally meaning mostly the same layout/basic design, not style/shape completely)). And the Xbox controller and PS controller have obvious differences...

However, I'm liking the new controller. It really isn't that much different than the old one in terms of style/shape. I'm really glad they didn't try and turn the new controller into the uncomfy bulkiness that is the Xbox controller though

For those that haven't seen it yet:

A Closer Look At The PS4's DualShock 4 Controller - Forbes

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    Gotta say, kind of ironic that you guys were saying how Microsoft copied Sony's design and here they are taking two design features from the 360 controller
    My gf had the pic pulled up, and I looked quick going "Oh is that a new Wii pro controller or something?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    Controllers have pretty much followed generally the same form since the NES. (Generally meaning mostly the same layout/basic design, not style/shape completely)). And the Xbox controller and PS controller have obvious differences...
    It's hard to make your own controller with everyone going "Make it more like the other one, it's comfier!" Then when you do everyone screams "LOLRIPOFF" There's pretty much only one comfy layout that works for everyone, and everyone has it now.

However, I'm liking the new controller. It really isn't that much different than the old one in terms of style/shape. I'm really glad they didn't try and turn the new controller into the uncomfy bulkiness that is the Xbox controller though
    I'm actually kinda hoping that the PS4 controller is a little bigger, so I can actually hold it lmao. All you tiny handed people have had access to those games for too long now! Need to share with us D:

It's hard to make your own controller with everyone going "Make it more like the other one, it's comfier!" Then when you do everyone screams "LOLRIPOFF" There's pretty much only one comfy layout that works for everyone, and everyone has it now.

I'm actually kinda hoping that the PS4 controller is a little bigger, so I can actually hold it lmao. All you tiny handed people have had access to those games for too long now! Need to share with us D:
    Haha Everyone will always have their 2 cents to add about what is comfier and what they think should be changed and yadda yadda. And no matter they do, they will never make everyone happy lol But I think so far, they've done a decent job at least

Haha Everyone will always have their 2 cents to add about what is comfier and what they think should be changed and yadda yadda. And no matter they do, they will never make everyone happy lol But I think so far, they've done a decent job at least
    Well the 360, PS3, and the Wii-Pro are all pretty much the same, aside from a couple buttons moved here and there. It's hard to break out of the mold and make something fresh. Nintendo keeps trying and failing, and I think Sony/Msoft see that and go "Why bother?"

Improving is sometimes better than re-creating anyways. I'm not gonna be complaining too much, I'm just waiting to see who's got better exlusives in the next year or so.

The new controller looks sweet, I'm excited

Well the 360, PS3, and the Wii-Pro are all pretty much the same, aside from a couple buttons moved here and there. It's hard to break out of the mold and make something fresh. Nintendo keeps trying and failing, and I think Sony/Msoft see that and go "Why bother?"

Improving is sometimes better than re-creating anyways. I'm not gonna be complaining too much, I'm just waiting to see who's got better exlusives in the next year or so.
    Oh, most definitely lol That's why I always say if it's not broken, don't fix it. They've at least been pretty good about following that :P

Pic of the controller for those who didn't see it yet.

Also, it's confirmed that PS4 will bundle a headset with the system on the release. Same style as 360, it'll plug into the headphone jack on the bottom of the controller.

Thread Information