Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Synge's Music

Default Synge's Music

So I set up a home recording studio recently and got the last bit of it put together last weekend. Finally able to dive in and I recorded a few things today.

I've been playing and performing music for more than half my life but everything about this (recording, mixing, proper production) is completely new to me so I'm pretty damn excited to improve and figure things out.

Anyway, I plan to update this thread with my various recordings, ranging from technical death metal to melodic tapping instrumentals. Don't expect much at first, in fact, these first two I've posted are just straight, clean recordings using some of the built-in studio effects and amps, no mixing or anything at all =P
    Last edited by Synge; 01-13-2015 at 05:22 PM.

Sig by TheMangler

I really like Adaption. Was that the one I heard on YT? The second one sounds like it has potential. Kinda has a Ganon's Castle feel to it =P

I really look forward to seeing what you make in the future! All the best to ya man.

Thanks dude. :] Yeah, Adaptation was the one you heard. I think I'll redo it later, make it more professional sounding now that I'm more familiar with the software. That recording doesn't do it justice, too bass-y.

Just got my MIDI keyboard/controller and the pop filter for my mic (which were on backorder) so I'll have some actually decent **** recorded in the near-ish future, my free time is limited these days.

Sig by TheMangler

I enjoy both of your uploads.

What gear do you use? Guitar / Amp wise. Just curious.

Whoah, been a while since I've seen you around, how've you been? The Navy treating you alright?

Anyway, thanks man. Both of those were recorded with my ESP Viper, straight through the Balance interface, so no amp (added a bit of reverb with the software. I'm really hating those recordings now that I know more about what I'm doing :P) But the amp I use for most of my live playing is a Fender Frontman 212R. However, I just recently purchased an Ibanez RG920qm, so all future recording will be with that.
    Last edited by Synge; 02-02-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Sig by TheMangler

Man the songs sound sick. Keep that up!

Quote Originally Posted by Synge View Post
    If anyone would like to work together that'd be awesome, I know we have a few musicians here (though we've tried it before with no luck)
    I'll give it a shot if you're interested. Don't have much to record with though. I've been out of guitar a while too...but I just got a new one and maybe a project will get me off my butt and motivated again xD

Thank ya!

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    I'll give it a shot if you're interested. Don't have much to record with though. I've been out of guitar a while too...but I just got a new one and maybe a project will get me off my butt and motivated again xD
    Hell yeah I'm interested, I've done music collabs on some music forums and it seems the hardest part with online collabs is just getting started. So, just throwing something out there, if you or anyone can think of anything to add to these 2 intros that'd be sweet. Recorded them messing around, while I was trying to figure everything out. They're not half bad but I'll likely never end up using them.

Piano/Guitar Intro
    Not really sure where to take the piano, I need to work on improving my skills but my keyboard is 49-key and I haven't practiced in years. Also, the melody sounds like the vocals in Coldplay's 'The Scientist'.. Oops, good thing I don't plan to make any money off this one, getting sued would ruin a good band for me :P

Rock Intro
    This one should be pretty easy to add to, really just needs some variation in the rythmn guitar so I can change up/come up with some better leads, just can't be bothered continuing with it by myself..

Neither of those are very intricate so maybe you'll think of something, even if you're out of practice :P

Edit: If anyone takes interest in the collab and wants some tabs/sheet music, just lemme know. I'll write some up if it's requested but otherwise I'm not gonna bother.
    Last edited by Synge; 02-07-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Sig by TheMangler

Hey Synge,

Thanks for sharing your music. I loved the piano/guitar intro. It has a nice, deep, emotional pull to it. Very thoughtfully composed. Great job! I am now following you on Soundcloud and am looking forward to your Gamers-Forum musicians' set.

Quote Originally Posted by Synge View Post
    So I set up a home recording studio recently and got the last bit of it put together last weekend. Finally able to dive in and I recorded a few things today.

I've been playing and performing music for more than half my life but everything about this (recording, mixing, proper production) is completely new to me so I'm pretty damn excited to improve and figure things out.

Anyway, I plan to update this thread with my various recordings, ranging from technical death metal to melodic tapping instrumentals. Don't expect much at first, in fact, these first two I've posted are just straight, clean recordings using some of the built-in studio effects and amps, no mixing or anything at all =P

1 - Adaptation - My first reording. Tapped instrumental in one take so there are mistakes..

2 - Unfinished (perhaps indefinitely) Film Score-type-thing - Playing with some effects. This is entirely played on guitar, going for a LOTR style film score. May or may not proceed with it.

If anyone would like to work together that'd be awesome, I know we have a few musicians here (though we've tried it before with no luck)

Also, for anyone interested I use Balance and Reason: Propellerhead - Shop - Hardware

Quote Originally Posted by MotoGurl View Post
    Hey Synge,

Thanks for sharing your music. I loved the piano/guitar intro. It has a nice, deep, emotional pull to it. Very thoughtfully composed. Great job! I am now following you on Soundcloud and am looking forward to your Gamers-Forum musicians' set.
    Thank you for the wonderful compliment! I think I may go ahead and finish that one myself, I didn't have a very high personal opinion of it at first, but I suppose most musicians are never really satisfied with their work, haha.

Sig by TheMangler

I really liked Adaptation but when I clicked on the Unfinished one it wasn't on there You may have discussed this already on here but I was just saying. Is your band name Grinding Oceans?

Shout out to Eggs for the awesome signature

Thread Information