Default THQ Auction results

To All THQ Employees:

We now have the answers we've been seeking through our financial restructuring and
    Chapter 11 case. While much will be written, here are the facts of the bids and auction
    that occurred:

Yesterday morning, we received a competing bid for the operating business,
    along with Clearlake's offer, and numerous offers for separate assets.
    During an auction process that lasted over 22 hours, the final conclusion was
    that the separate-asset bids would net more than a single buyer for the majority
    of the company.

Shortly, we will, present the results to the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, which must
    concur with our assessment.

The proposed sales of multiple assets is as follows :
    Sega agreed to purchase Relic
    Koch Media agreed to purchase Volition and Metro
    Crytek agreed to purchase Homefront
    Take 2 agreed purchase Evolve and
    Ubisoft agreed to purchase Montreal and South Park
    We expect these sales to close this week.

Some assets, including our publishing businesses and Vigil, along with some other
    intellectual properties are not included in the sale agreements. They will remain part of
    the Chapter 11 case. We will make every effort to find appropriate buyers, if possible.

What this means for employees

We expect that most employees of the entities included in the sale will be offered
    employment by the new owners. However, we cannot say what these owners may
    intend, and there will likely be some positions that will not be needed under the
    new ownership. You should receive notice this week or early next week if the new
    owners intend to extend employment to you. Please note that the terms of your new
    employment, including pay and benefits, may be different from the current terms of
    your employment with THQ.

If you are an employee of an entity that is not included in the sale, we regret that
    your position will end. A small number of our headquarters staff will continue to be
    employed by THQ beyond January 25 to assist with the transition. THQ has sufficient
    resources to pay these employees for work going forward, and we will be contacting
    these employees immediately to ensure their continued employment during this
    transition period. We are requesting the ability to offer certain severance pay to
    minimize disruption for employees of non-included entities as they determine the next
    steps in their careers.

We know you will have many questions about this news. We'll be meeting tomorrow
    when we return to talk through this announcement and to answer any questions you
    have. You will receive a benefits fact sheet and FAQs with answers to some questions
    that may be on your mind. Please review these materials closely.

A personal note

The work that you all have done as part of the THQ family is imaginative, creative,
    artistic and highly valued by our loyal gamers. We are proud of what we have
    accomplished despite today's outcome.

It has been our privilege to work alongside the entire THQ team. While the company
    will cease to exist, we are heartened that the majority of our studios and games will
    continue under new ownership. We were hoping that the entire company would remain
    intact, but we expect to hear good news from each of the separate entities that will be
    operating as part of new organizations.

For those THQ employees who are part of entities that are not included in the sale, we
    are confident that the talent you have displayed as part of THQ will be recognized as you
    take the next steps in your career.

Thank you all for your dedication and for sharing your talent with the THQ team. We
    wish you the best of luck and hope you will keep in touch.

Sincerely,

Brian Farrell
    Chief Executive Officer

Jason Rubin
    President
    For those not following THQ ran out of money, and there was a deal but something happened to make that fall through and then assets were sold in individual basis. Also I read EA got the WWE rights for wrestling games fan that were wondering in limbo who would be bring WWE games

Relic Entertainment
    Makers of Company of Heroes
    Winning bidder: Sega, $26.6 million.
    Runner-up: Zenimax Media, $26.3 million.

THQ Montreal
    Makers of 1666 and Underdog, titles under development.
    Winning bidder: Ubisoft, $2.5 million. No runner-up.

Evolve
    (title in development at Turtle Rock Studios)
    Winning bidder: Take-Two Interactive, $10.894 million.
    Runner-up: Turtle Rock Studios, $250,000.

Volition, Inc.
    Maker of Saints Row
    Winning bidder: Koch Media, $22,312,925.
    Runner-up: Ubisoft, $5.4 million.

Homefront
    Released 2011; due for a sequel.
    Winning bidder: Crytek. $544,218.
    No runner-up.

Metro
    Series; due for the sequel Metro: Last Light.
    Winning Bidder: Koch Media, $5,877,551
    Runner-up: Ubisoft: $5.175 million.

South Park
    License; South Park: The Stick of Truth is due for release March 5.
    Winning bidder: Ubisoft, $3,265,306
    No runner-up.
    Last edited by thedeparted; 01-23-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Only thing I really cared about what Metro and South Park. Glad to see Ubisoft has southpark, I have faith in them. No clue who Koch Media is though..

Yeah me either, this seems like a good addition to them judging by their wiki.German company that does most EU related deals

Koch Media

Koch Media made the uber sucktastic game Dead Island. They now own the STALKER series. Guess that game will be going to crap now

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    Koch Media made the uber sucktastic game Dead Island. They now own the STALKER series. Guess that game will be going to crap now
    But I liked Dead Island And to be fair, they also made Catherine, Sacred2/3, and the Back to The Future PS3 game, which were all pretty sweet (however yeah every other one of their games I've heard of anyways blow chunks lol)

It'll definitely be interesting to see what happens from now though without THQ on the market, I liked their spin on games.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    But I liked Dead Island And to be fair, they also made Catherine, Sacred2/3, and the Back to The Future PS3 game, which were all pretty sweet (however yeah every other one of their games I've heard of anyways blow chunks lol)

It'll definitely be interesting to see what happens from now though without THQ on the market, I liked their spin on games.
    You and Paec (I think) are literally the only people I know that didn't hate that game haha xD I read all of sorts of bad things about it but decided to try it anyways and just couldn't even play an entire evening. Waste of the $2.70 I paid for it, dammit! LOL :P But yea, DI is the only game I knew they did. I didn't even realize they were a big enough company to absorb part of THQ. Maybe this will be good for them though and they'll start putting out amazing stuff. Ya never know

Also THQ legacy IP will be auctioned off in a few weeks, so basically the IPs that they own but no longer produce games for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    You and Paec (I think) are literally the only people I know that didn't hate that game haha xD I read all of sorts of bad things about it but decided to try it anyways and just couldn't even play an entire evening. Waste of the $2.70 I paid for it, dammit! LOL :P But yea, DI is the only game I knew they did. I didn't even realize they were a big enough company to absorb part of THQ. Maybe this will be good for them though and they'll start putting out amazing stuff. Ya never know
    I didnt love dead island but I didnt hate it either, all in all I thought it was entertaining but not as good as it could have been, also it was pretty repetive.

eidt: on topic.

Im happy that it was SEGA that got CoH 2 judging from the fact that they release the total war and everything seems fine there so maybe they will let relic do what they do best.
    However now I want homeworld 3 and that wasnt seen anywhere.
    Last edited by paecmaker; 01-24-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    I didnt love dead island but I didnt hate it either, all in all I thought it was entertaining but not as good as it could have been, also it was pretty repetive.
    I think if they would have taken just a littttle more time with it, it could have been much better honestly.

Koch Media is a large label that owns tons of little companies underneath it. Kind of like Zenimax Media with Bethesda. So I'm sure we'll see them starting up some dev team dedicated to Saints Row and Metro. Both will probably involve many of the original teams too. I'm not too worried.

Thread Information