Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Tried out the beta Fri and Sunday. Of all of the beta's that I have participated in... this one takes the cake for the absolute worst, buggiest, full-of-issues beta ever

On Friday I got everything downloaded and attempted to log in. Took about 6 or 7 attempts of the game crashing on log in for it to finally work. Then after I got a character created I went to enter the game… it just sat on the loading screen for a good 4-5 minutes before I finally just exited the whole thing and tried again. Same issue again, exited and restarted again. Third time I just let the loading screen sit there forever while I was making dinner and whatnot and when I came back it was *finally* loaded. No idea how long it took to load, but I was gone for at least 20 minutes.

So, I’m finally in the game where you start out in a dungeon in a cell. You basically just explore it, talk to a dude, and get to leave the cell. To leave, you activate the door. But for some reason the game was not giving me the option to open the door. Figured it was buggy and went to log off and log back in to see if that would help. Welllll, on log out the game crashed like it was doing on log in initially. Got it back up and running, and got logged back in. Same issue again. Log off again, game crashes again. Finally on the third time of logging back into the game, I was able to open the door and leave the cell.

Played for about 15 minutes or so… and then got to a quest which I needed to complete for the next set of quests…. And guess what? The quest giver guy was not showing up. Another bug that everyone was experiencing. Whatever, it is beta after all right?

At that point I was pretty annoyed, so I just decided to log out for the night (upon logging out the game crashed, of course) and check back on Sat/Sun to see if they had fixed the non-existent quest giver bug, etc. I log in on Sunday (without any crashes, surprisingly) and see that the quest giver I need is still not there. So I made a whole new completely difference character… start playing that new character… and then run into the same issue again with missing quest givers. I just got pissed and logged off.

My husband was having all of the same issues I was and from what I could see in chat, so was everyone else. It was really disappointing. As far as I know, ESO has been in beta for MONTHS. At this point in time, I’m not sure how they’re having so many issues. But if you’re going to launch and continue beta you should probably make sure that some of the key elements necessary for playing your game (as in the ability to log in and receive/hand in quests) … actually work!

It was just frustrating. Every single time the game crashed, it brought up a report screen so I was able to report it directly and let them know what I was doing when it crashed, but man I could only take so much before I just said screw it. It just boggles my mind that at this point there are still so many major issues. I’m hoping that I will be invited back to the next beta test because I really wanted to see what the game was like :/

I was not real impressed with the beta from what I saw at a friends house earlier. And that wasnt even related to constant crashes.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Really? I didn't crash once and I think the beta is quite enjoyable. I didn't like the class I chose this time though so I will probably be sticking to the Templar when the game comes out.

Shout out to Eggs for the awesome signature

Quote Originally Posted by BobTD View Post
    I was not real impressed with the beta from what I saw at a friends house earlier. And that wasnt even related to constant crashes.
    I agree. From what I've seen as well it doesn't seem like anything I'd pay a monthly sub for. However I didn't expect to exactly fall in love with it either. I'm sure that's probably partially due to the fact that I did not enjoy any of the Elder Scrolls games. But I still wanted to check ESO beta out. You never know.

Quote Originally Posted by xLykos View Post
    Really? I didn't crash once and I think the beta is quite enjoyable. I didn't like the class I chose this time though so I will probably be sticking to the Templar when the game comes out.
    Lucky! I know there were quite a few people having the same issues as we were. Oh well

Guess I'm just awesome :P

Shout out to Eggs for the awesome signature

I didn't have any bug issues and logged on exactly at 6:00pm when it started. Had no lag or delay, maybe different people are running on different servers/versions? idk. Only bugs I've noticed were where you get stuck in chat. But a simple /reloadui fixed that.

After playing this game almost all day yesterday, I'm starting to really enjoy it. Finally starting to learn how the crafting works and the hotkeys. Load times are killing me at the moment, apparently yesterday they hit population cap for 6 and a half hours, most people ever to be online. Some load screens were up to 10 minutes, like right now. Today they are putting everyone on one server and testing it, and I haven't been able to login in almost an hour.

Can't wait for the game to release so I can actually progress. Already decided my Alliance, Race and Class as well as my account name if no one takes it. Only about 2 more months...

I'm dying right now. My computer died the day of the last beta, now I'm on my girlfriend's laptop. For whatever reason the d/l won't go over 50kb/s (Steam goes at our normal 500-600kb/s) and it's at 60% since Wednesday :/ from what I've been watching on YouTube I'm still gonna buy the game. It looks like a ton of fun. Already have time put in to get off work too, haha.

Hey everyone, if you haven't heard yet the NDA has been lifted! So now everyone is free to discuss pretty much anything about what they've seen/thought about The Elder Scrolls Online.

Which could mean we may be seeing an open beta in the near future.

Thread Information