Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The War Z

Dear god! I hope no one else buys this, its pay to unlock the game, then pay to win... I suggest getting ArmaII combined ops then downloading the DayZ mod, it is much better, or wait for DayZ like Synge said.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    According to what I read there are a lot of hackers in the game, plus my cousin also said he finds a lot. Fairly easy to find hacks for games, just have to know where to look.
    have you seen the cynical britt when he tried war z, its hilarious, I love the part when he gets beaten down by a flying backpack(the model of the guy hadnt loaded yet so he was invisible).

Ummmmmmmmmm did you read all the controversy on this game?? lol They took it off of Steam for a reason :P Apparently.... the creators of the game have been shiesty since it started. First of all, the reason Steam took it off is because WarZ creators were lying about the game content. The game is still under development. Instead of listing the current game features, they listed ALL of the game features they expected to have in the future when the game was complete, which tricked a LOT of people into buying the game. Then, after people bought the game and realized this, they requested a refund. Everyone that requested a refund was sent an email telling them that if they took a rebate, that their account would be blacklisted and they'd never be able to play again.

That was the tip of the iceburg. After that came out, one of the WarZ forum mods was fired and leaked a TON of shiz about the game he wasn't supposed to. Like how they would cancel people's accounts in hopes that they would purchase new accounts. For example he said that people that obviously played constantly, that were hooked on the game, would be told that their accounts were suspended, blah blah blah. Because they could no longer use those accounts, but still wanted to play, were forced to purchase another copy of the game under a new account. Another big issue is the fact that the game is sort still in 'beta' meaning it's not complete yet. The creators plan is to just completely trash the game if they don't meet a certain profit margin early this year. So, if they don't make this set amount the game is going to be gone.... sucks to be all those people that paid if that's the case, because the amount of refunds being requested by people at this point will most likely put them out of business.

It's been one giant con since it started. Here is some info on it:

Petition | Valve Corporation: Remove WarZ from the Steam Market pending further investigation | Change.org

Petition | Valve: Take "The War Z" off of steam | Change.org

Why you shouldnt play The War Z | News, Videos | PC Gamer

Petition | Hammerpoint Interactive: Full refund of retail price of WarZ for everyone | Change.org
    Last edited by Mizel; 01-31-2013 at 02:23 PM.

That's what everyone else in the thread already said lol. I decided for 15 dollars it's worth a try, with indie games I go in with low expectations. I'm sure a good amount of it is rumors as well. That's how all this stuff turns out to be.

But no one gave you details and links like I did! And $15 for a game is cool.... until they take it off the market in a month completely and it's no longer playable :P

And it's not rumors :P If you go to the links there are screenshots and shiz of peoples accounts being banned and copies of the "blacklisted" emails.

Who says it's coming off the market in a month?

I saw a video of someone getting banned on you tube, but according to you tube comments, his song thing on his stream is conveniently placed where the hacking tool normally is. So again, a lot of rumors from both sides on these types of thing. Their always will be biased opinions on both sides even if some are true or not.

I just said a month as a random number (going back to the whole, if they dont meet their sales requirements early this year they are done with the game) :P

And I agree. Only what reason do people have to biased over the game or bash it for no reason? I've never seen this happen with any other game... it's not a matter of being biased and not playing because you don't like the game type/stlye or something. It's a matter of tons of people being screwed over and warning others. I actually thought the game looked pretty cool... but after reading all of the stuff I did on it, no thank you.

Let us know how it is though, cause even though I won't be supporting them and buying their game, I still wanna know how well it plays :P

Well from what I read, there area ton of hackers in this game. They really haven't had a way to stop the hacks, only to catch them while they're hacking. They don't have an punkbuster program or anything. So I'm guessing that since there are so many hackers, there are going to be a lot of people getting banned. When someone gets banned on a game they payed for, why not try to get unbanned.

I mean I could be wrong and people are just randomly getting banned, but I don't see why a company would do that. It's not like by banning tons of people they're going to make a good profit. I mean look what happened, the game got taken of steam and so much negative media is around it that a lot of people are not buying it. I'm sure there is some explanation if people are getting randomly banned, like whatever they're using to detect hacks isn't full proof. I just can't see a company banning people and continuing to do it after so much negativity has went to their company.

I'll let you know how it is though.

I keep thinking all the negative stigmata/controversy towards the game is an evil plot by the Day Z guys LOL :P

Well site is f'd up now, can't even buy it. Must be a sign.

Thread Information