Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone want some canned air?

As north China chokes on toxic smog, a Chinese entrepreneur is offering a solution: canned air.

Millionaire Chen Guangbiao is selling fresh air in soft drink cans for 5 yuan (80 cents) a pop. The air comes in flavors including “Pristine Tibet,” “Post-industrial Taiwan” and “Revolutionary Yan’an.” A portion of the proceeds will go to charity, the International Business Times reports.

Guangbiao, who began selling the canned air in September, told ABC News the effort was to raise awareness about the need for environmental protection in China. The philanthropist has also recently given away 5,000 bicycles to encourage people to bike instead of drive.

His message comes as China faces dangerous levels of air pollution. At the U.S. Embassy in Beijing, air quality reached hazardous levels on Tuesday for the 19th in 25 days, prompting canceled flights and warnings for people to stay indoors.

The concentration of PM2.5, fine air particulates that pose a health risk, averaged 300 micrograms per cubic meter Tuesday. PM2.5 levels had reached a record 755 on Jan. 12. The World Health Organization recommends exposure to no higher than 25 micrograms per cubic meter over a 24-hour period.

In face of such pollution, Guangbiao’s cans of air -- and videos of people “drinking” them -- may seem like a silly antidote to the larger problem of high emissions in China and the far-reaching environmental effects. But it can’t be sillier than a “clean water” bar in New York City.

lolllllll. oh man, if he wanted to do this stunt, why not just give it away. At first I thought it'd be some compressed air, but its literally just empty cans and you breath in air from the inside on an pop can

Who the f would buy that lmao. It would literally do nothing, two breaths of clean air isn't going to help someone in a city so polluted like theirs.

yep. china definitely needs some regulations instead of worrying so much about the GDP

Panasonic is making more air filters to sell in China, so why not?
    Plus, who ever thought tha people will be buying bottled designer brand water...

Quote Originally Posted by Rei00 View Post
    Panasonic is making more air filters to sell in China, so why not?
    Plus, who ever thought tha people will be buying bottled designer brand water...
    When people start getting picky about their water and it has to be carried by alpaca from the top of a Swiss peak to the bottling factory in Egypt, that's kinda silly.

Unfortunately though I had to start buying bottled. The tap water where I live is really bad tasting, and those Britta filters don't really help out at all.

This canned air thing though seems like a cool way to spread awareness about it. Don't think I'd be buying a 6pack of it though xD

Hm...thought I already responded to this thread.

I think their situation is terrible. Reminds me of how the show 'Terra Nova' started - the whole planet was like this.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Their situation is pretty sucky :/ Must be awesome to be that dude that is taking advantage of a sucky situation and probably making tons though >_<

Their problems are problems american and british had when our industrial revolutions starting.

I dont think the point was how make money, I may be the only person who sees the symbolism in this, but oh well.

Oh silly eggs. Nobody does anything nowadays that ISNT for $

Thread Information