Thread: Smite

Default Smite

Smite is now an open beta, but the full game will soon be released. It's a MOBA ( Multiplayer Online Battle Arena ) much like HoN, DOTA and LoL, but this one is a little different. Instead of the over head you play 3rd person behind your character.

The game allows you to play real life gods from all mythologies. Greek, Roman, Chinese, Mayan, Hindu, Egyptian and even Norse. A few friends and I have started playing it recently and it's a lot of fun. Definitely a different feel from League of Legends, which was our normal game.

If anyone is interested in trying it out, it's free and can be downloaded in the link below.

Smite
    Last edited by Trunks; 02-03-2013 at 03:56 PM.

I played a little bit in the closed beta. It's a really cool game, I just couldn't get used to the playstyle. I liked using the different gods and thought those as inspiration was pretty sweet though.

Maybe I'll download it this week and give it one more shot, see how it's changed in the last few months.

Depending on how long ago since you've played they added a lot of new game types. Instead of just the normal 3 lanes, push the towers to win. New Gamrtypes:

Domination - which is holding towers till the other team runs out of points, a lot like League of Legends, but only 3 towers instead of 5.

Arena - which is just a death match no towers or anything. You have a team of 5 and your goal is to kill the other team. Each death of players and minions makes you lose points, who ever hits zero points first loses.

Joust - It's 1v1, but I don't know a lot about it because you have to be level 15.

Then they have a gametype that is basically arena, but it's themed and changes daily. Usually based around curtain gods, so everyone will play the same god, or you can only choose from a god from a curtain mythology.

Yeah that sounds a lot more fun then. They only had 3-lane when I was playing. Well I'll download it this week and give it another go!

Unfortunately I can't play smite. It gas the sane problem that Tribes does when you try running it through wine.

You can't game on Ubuntu lol

Shout out to Eggs for the awesome signature

This looks like a pretty interesting game. I'll have to try it out. What are the controls like? Mostly keyboard or is it FPS style where the mouse is your look and the keyboard is your actions?

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

Well you move with the WASD keys like most FPS shooters and MMO's. Then to use your 4 skills it's 1,2,3,4. Then you use F and G to use your two abilities. Then you have two slots for potions which is C and V. So everything is pretty easy to use, if you played any FPS or MMO's then it doesn't take long to adapt. You look around with the mouse, and attack with it.

The neat thing about this game is that everything is a skill shot. Even auto attacks, their no clicking on other gods and hitting them. Makes it a lot more challenging.

I would do terrible haha. I hate to admit this but my mouse control is just terrible.

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

Thread Information