Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PS4 price speculation

This info is just a speculation and probably won't happen, but I thought it was cool idea.

Article: The PlayStation 4; don't be surprised if it is "free" at launch - Digitally Downloaded

Basically he's saying that when the PS4 is released, you'll be able to pick it up for free. You'll first have to sign a 2 year contract and make payments on the console to pay it off. I realize that this will probably never happen, but it would be a cool idea. Honestly I'd probably buy it if I could make payments to purchase it, makes it a lot easier to buy.

Again, sadly I don't see this happening, there would be a lot of people not making payments and just puts a lot more stress on the company. Still thought it would be a cool ting to discuss.

That's odd. That would be sweet if they did that. Bet the interest they'd charge would be nuts lol You could essentially just go to Best Buy, open a credit card... and essentially do the exact same thing for 0% APR. That's pretty much what I do with every expensive techy thing I buy.

The only thing I'm curious about is why everybody thinks that the PS4 is gonna be $600 right off the bat again. With the next gen already out from Nintendo, how many people are gonna go to the PS4/XBOX for 300 MORE than what they could be playing Bayonetta 2, CoD, Mass Effect, etc. on.

That said, it would be pretty neat to have a payment plan. I know you can do rent to own at electronics stores (with like 45% interest or something stupid of course) but to see them do it on one of the new consoles would be sweet. I'd pay it off over a year or two, no problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    You could essentially just go to Best Buy, open a credit card... and essentially do the exact same thing for 0% APR. That's pretty much what I do with every expensive techy thing I buy.
    You've just given me a veeerrry bad idea to have in my head. :X

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    The only thing I'm curious about is why everybody thinks that the PS4 is gonna be $600 right off the bat again. With the next gen already out from Nintendo, how many people are gonna go to the PS4/XBOX for 300 MORE than what they could be playing Bayonetta 2, CoD, Mass Effect, etc. on.

That said, it would be pretty neat to have a payment plan. I know you can do rent to own at electronics stores (with like 45% interest or something stupid of course) but to see them do it on one of the new consoles would be sweet. I'd pay it off over a year or two, no problem with that.

You've just given me a veeerrry bad idea to have in my head. :X
    I was wondering the same thing. People aren't going to pay that, they're just going to wait for it to drop in price.

Haha Sorry, but really it's the best way to do things. I'm like a money management freak and I refuse to pay interest on anything. Best Buy offers 0% APR up to a certain amount of months that vary depending on how much you spend. Bought my Laptop like that. Paid it off no problem in the allotted time. And lke right now my PC which cost about.... $850 total I bought last year and have 18 months 0% interest to pay it off. And my 70" 3D Smart TV was about $1600. I have until December of 2015 to pay it off interest free. I just calculate the total amount it cost, divide that by the months I have to pay it off and pay that amount every month. It works wonderfully as long as you pay it off in time :}

Yeah, I don't know why everyone thinks it's 600 either. That's what the author of this article said as well. I personally think it'll be 300 for the crappiest one, like smallest hard drive. Then 400 for the deluxe version.

Im curious how well Microsoft has done with their plan on 360. I havent seen any statistics to see if people are actually falling for the pay as you model on the SKU they used it for. I for predict on baseless opinion that ps4 will probably be 400 or 450 for starter model, and 450-500 for some sort 1up model. I wish they'd just go with 1 model. Like all models have 500gb hdd and all the same stuffs.

The funny thing is, the extra 60gigs of hard drive that we pay almost 50 to 100 dollars more for probably only cost them a few extra dollars to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    The funny thing is, the extra 60gigs of hard drive that we pay almost 50 to 100 dollars more for probably only cost them a few extra dollars to make.
    That's one of the things that pisses me off the most about consoles -__-

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    That's one of the things that pisses me off the most about consoles -__-
    About anything. Look at SD cards even. Went to buy one for my phone. I paid $15 for a 16gb one that I got NOT on sale, it was a no-name China brand. Look at any name brand ones and it's anywhere from 40-100, and they all have the same transfer rates. Even aspirin. Name brand? That's $50 for 30 pills. No name? Have 30 for 10 bucks.

It's all a big money making scheme I tell ya, and I hate it.

However, I'm now considering grabbing a Best Buy credit card, so it's not really helping xD

About anything. Look at SD cards even. Went to buy one for my phone. I paid $15 for a 16gb one that I got NOT on sale, it was a no-name China brand. Look at any name brand ones and it's anywhere from 40-100, and they all have the same transfer rates. Even aspirin. Name brand? That's $50 for 30 pills. No name? Have 30 for 10 bucks.

It's all a big money making scheme I tell ya, and I hate it.

However, I'm now considering grabbing a Best Buy credit card, so it's not really helping xD
    LOL Sorry :X

Thread Information