Hybrid View

Default Anyone with Windows Phone?

Currently I'm an Android user but I must admit I like the interface of the the Windows phone a good bit too. I'm going to be getting a new phone in about 3 months and am starting to decide whether to continue down the droidline or try a windows phone. Anyone who has one, what would you say about experiences you've had with a Windows phone? What sort of reliability and how are the available apps? I'm particularly interested in Teamviewer and pdaNET if anyone has had either of those running on a windows phone.

Thanks!

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

All I have to say as soon as I got my Iphone my life changed forever. Ones you go Iphone, you never go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    All I have to say as soon as I got my Iphone my life changed forever. Ones you go Iphone, you never go back.
    An Iphone would not be capable of doing all the things I need it to do. If there is one thing I can guarantee, it is that I will not get an Iphone. I've been Android thus far because my system has worked 100% of the time (not saying an iphone doesn't) and it also does everything I need it too. There are some things I do with an android phone that an Iphone is just not capable of. Silly proprietaryship which is one of my reservations with windows phone as well.

*I should probably add not trying to start an anti-apple thread haha. I realize asking these questions are often dangerous territory.
    Last edited by Ziek88; 02-28-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

Stay android. I had a WP7 for a year and a half, and Android has it beat. You can mimic the appearance of Windows through icon packs, and there isn't much customization to them at all. Change your tiles. Your colours. Done. The app store is seriously lacking. (I know it's only because it's newer.) The only real feature it had over iOS and Android was the Xbox Apps that tied your Xbox to the phone, but there's smartglass for that now on all 3 platforms.

I loved the phone and didn't have a bump or a hiccup with it at all, but after going Android I can't say I'd use another phone OS.

The things you listed are pretty well the concerns I had regarding a windows phone. pdaNET and Teamviewer are the two main apps I'm mostly concerned about keeping active. I also read some articles about issues between Windows phone and Gmail which concerned me a bit.

THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ziek88 View Post
    The things you listed are pretty well the concerns I had regarding a windows phone. pdaNET and Teamviewer are the two main apps I'm mostly concerned about keeping active. I also read some articles about issues between Windows phone and Gmail which concerned me a bit.
    Never had an issue with 3 e-mail accounts on the phone, 2 of them being g-mail.

The only thing that sucks on it is the lack of flexibility when it comes to customization. Want a new rom? Too bad. No wallpaper. No icon pack. They JUST got custom ringtones last August. I can't answer if they have those apps, but it's gonna be a big step backwards if you do. Reaaaally look into it. Not trying to sound like an Android fanboy or anything, I've just had a way better experience after the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    Never had an issue with 3 e-mail accounts on the phone, 2 of them being g-mail.

The only thing that sucks on it is the lack of flexibility when it comes to customization. Want a new rom? Too bad. No wallpaper. No icon pack. They JUST got custom ringtones last August. I can't answer if they have those apps, but it's gonna be a big step backwards if you do. Reaaaally look into it. Not trying to sound like an Android fanboy or anything, I've just had a way better experience after the switch.
    Yea, that's why I'm starting the research now and was curious what people who actually had one thought. Nobody I know does so my exposure to them is very low. My upgrade isn't till June so lots of time to figure out what I want.

THANKS!

Check out the Lumia 920. I haven't heard much of any other newer Windows Phones, but I remember that was the one that got a lot of people to switch over. If your a guy that takes a ton of pictures/video on their phone, you'll like some of the additional features it has. I was gonna buy it but got on a Galaxy S3 promo a month before it came out.

I tend to use my phone heavily for remoting software and internet connection. Lots of phone tethering which is why I like pdaNET so much. I'm probably going to end up going with something in the HTC line just because that's what all my phones have been and they have all worked really well. Any problems any of them had were 100% user error. Maybe I'll be lucky and be able to just fix my incredible 2. It's been sitting on the counter since I broke the screen but it was such a good phone.

THANKS!

i would say go to windows phone. if your looking for quality camera and audio you should. my friend who owns an android has had so many problems with it including pocket dialing 911 twice.

Thread Information