Exclamation Am I the only one who feels Hitman took a nosedive?

I love Hitman. Absolutely love it (no, that isn't a pun). When I first started playing Absolution when it came out, I wanted to drop the controller. MY SILVERBALLERS?! YOU GAVE AWAY MY SILVERBALLERS?! Hitman, if I could see you in real life, I would punch you in the face... and then run the hell away for my life.

But seriously, am I the only one that feels they took a step back? Blood Money was the epitome of Hitman, creme de le creme. Now Absolution is out, and although they've made "progress" (multiplayer contracts actually turned out to be a good idea), the gameplay seems more like Kane & Lynch run and gun.

Anybody feel?
    Last edited by eszosoft; 03-08-2013 at 12:05 PM.

I liked it for the most part. Although the huge Mexican guy and stuff was kind of stupid. it wasn't to bad. I like the last one more though.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Maybe it wasn't the last, it was the one where you go to the white house. that was fun lol.

stealth games are hard to pull off, and as huge fan of stealth machanics I think this series used to be in the top 5. But now Im not as sure. Its just like Splinter cell going more action oriented. (fortunately I still love their new games)

You just dont see entire games based around stealth anymore. Or even games where you you can play either way. Its sad.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Honestly, EVERY game is turning into more of an action game and that pisses me off. Metal Gear Solid was the absolute BEST stealth series...but 4 was a third person shooter where you could use stealth. Silent Hill and Resident Evil used to be about solving puzzles and managing your items...now they're about shooting dead things. Even Dead Space, a newer series, is starting to take a more action-oriented route.

The games are evolving into what they think the general public will enjoy more. I can't count how many people I know who complained about not being able to run and shoot in the Resident Evil franchise. Now what have they incorporated? Movement while shooting, more interactive fighting with dodging and counters. I have not had the pleasure of playing the new Hitman yet, but it's on my to-do list. I've got like 10 other games I have to beat first. I adored the Metal Gear franchise, but I wasn't too happy about the latest installment, it had a very different feel to it as well. I can't say it went downhill because as a game it was good, but it was not what I was looking for when I bought a Metal Gear game. So, I suppose I can understand where you're coming from with your frustration with Hitman.

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    Honestly, EVERY game is turning into more of an action game and that pisses me off. Metal Gear Solid was the absolute BEST stealth series...but 4 was a third person shooter where you could use stealth. Silent Hill and Resident Evil used to be about solving puzzles and managing your items...now they're about shooting dead things. Even Dead Space, a newer series, is starting to take a more action-oriented route.
    Beside the fact that the MGS Series was never 100% Stealth. If you want a series that's REALLY 100% stealth, then there is only ONE series which is called "Thief". Maybe that's just a personal take but I never felt like MGS was a stealth game, for me it was Action-Stealth, just like Hitman and Splinter Cell even though, since Blood Money, you could play the game in an absolute stealthy way except for the very last mission.

Thread Information