Default Buyer Beware! Not only does xbox 360 suck but the support is worse!

I bought 2 xbox 360 consoles, they lasted a while but due to design flaws, which everybody knows about, they both went RROD. So i called xbox support to se maybe if i could get some discount since WAS a "Loyal Customer"...Boy was that a mistake, first they tell me the repairs were $100 a piece, then they had the balls to tell me if that wasnt good enough to go buy a 360 slim, and it gets worse, the Manager Morgan tells me if those options werent good i should go to Gamestop and they would "gladly" take them "as is" for a gift card for $40-$45 a piece which in turn would reduce the price of purchasing the xbox 360 Slim! Then he tells me if that wasnt an option i would like, i could drive 200 miles to my nearest Microsoft Store and possilbly get $125 a piece in Microsoft gift card for my consoles, but it had to be diagnosed there and then they would tell me how much i would get for them.
    So buyer beware not only does the design flaws of the xbo 360 suck but so does their customer support! I have never been more insulted by the lack of resovling issues but they also treated me on the phone like i was taking up their time and didnt want to even deal with their "Loyal Customer"

Your first mistake here was the "Xbox 360"

PROD still happens? Pretty sure they fixed that like 4 years ago, I haven't heard anything about it for awhile. Either way, a company would never make you drive to them, mail was been invented for over 100 years. There has always been a 2 year free warranty on PROD. This is blatant anti fanboyism lol...

I've had my xbox for almost 4 years now ( after the prod fix) and it's going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Spades View Post
    I bought 2 xbox 360 consoles, they lasted a while but due to design flaws, which everybody knows about, they both went RROD. So i called xbox support to se maybe if i could get some discount since WAS a "Loyal Customer"...Boy was that a mistake, first they tell me the repairs were $100 a piece, then they had the balls to tell me if that wasnt good enough to go buy a 360 slim, and it gets worse, the Manager Morgan tells me if those options werent good i should go to Gamestop and they would "gladly" take them "as is" for a gift card for $40-$45 a piece which in turn would reduce the price of purchasing the xbox 360 Slim! Then he tells me if that wasnt an option i would like, i could drive 200 miles to my nearest Microsoft Store and possilbly get $125 a piece in Microsoft gift card for my consoles, but it had to be diagnosed there and then they would tell me how much i would get for them.
    So buyer beware not only does the design flaws of the xbo 360 suck but so does their customer support! I have never been more insulted by the lack of resovling issues but they also treated me on the phone like i was taking up their time and didnt want to even deal with their "Loyal Customer"
    Chances are that they were out of warranty. You only get that warranty from buying it brand new from store and it lasts a year, from there it's $100 to either renew the warranty each year, or replace the console itself. The slim also only costs $100 now, so he was offering an alternative to trade them in and get a brand spanking new Xbox, with a warranty, for half the price of sending both of yours in (Maybe even free with trade in credit.)

The same thing happened to my Wii when the harddrive died. They said it'd cost $100, or I could trade towards a new one as warranty never covered it. Apple will tell you the same, and Dell, and Bell, and any other company that offers a warranty. In fact, Xbox told me the EXACT same thing as you when my first Xbox broke. That was after 3 years, 25,000 gamerscore, over 65 games bought, and over $1500 spent on DLC. It's just how everything works. Usually if you're polite on the phone though, they will offer you a bit of a compensation like free points or a game download for going through the troubles of their product breaking. Sony didn't offer me and my gf squat when our PS3 broke, and they won't pay for it to be sent in (which Wii and Nintendo both do for free.) So we haven't even bothered sending out PS3 in.

Stuff breaks. They're doing what they can to fix it. Not everything can be tailored to fit your specific needs, it's how the world runs around man.

I bought an Xbox 360 in 2007. Still have said Xbox 360. Still works without any problems.

I've had to call customer support about incorrect charges and such on my Live account. They were polite and very helpful.

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

My brother bought an xbox 360 when it first came out. About 2 years later was when it started having problems but it is still usable. Red ring of death? Flip it over and restart it

Thread Information