Default Ethical cheating?

I have a confession to make, I signed my brother up for a third-party cheating subscription so he could play BF3 with me. He was in a really bad car wreck last year and he was getting really depressed because he had to lay around forever waiting to get better. His shoulder was really messed up and he couldn't move that arm away from him body for weeks, and his other hand and his face were really swollen.

Anyway, he was really bummed that he couldn't game with me because his stupid hands wouldn't move right and he couldn't see much. I got him the aimbot thing and told him it was like a wheelchair for gaming. It let him keep up and got him through the worst part of recovery without pissing off the rest of our squad. He let the subscription run out after a couple months and now he can play like normal.

I haven't told my rl friends about it because they'd probably hate me for it.

Meh, whatever. At least he sort of had a decent excuse for it. Better than someone cheating just to cheat that is perfectly capable of playing :P

He's using an aimbot cause he can't aim. There's nothing wrong with that.

What's frowned upon is people who are too lazy to learn the game/get better and resort to aimbotting, or just do it to make everyone mad.

I'm sure your friends would understand it given the circumstances.

I honestly think any cheating is unfair. Sorry that your brother was in an accident, but just because he's injured means he can cheat and be at an unfair advantage? That's just like in sports, athletes who get a major injury and need recovery time. They're not allowed to take steroids to build them selves back up to where they were before. That's cheating injured or not, it's still unfair to the other players. Your brother shouldn't get special treatment.

I agree! I also think using those third-party sites is a really bad idea. Giving them your money just encourages them to do it more, and I bet most of their customers aren't laying in bed wearing full body casts either.

Well, cheating is cheating and not quite fair to other players... However, it's an unusual circumstance so I see where you're coming from. The good thing is that he has recovered and can now play normally!

Well, a game is just a game for me.
    If someone needs aid to play well, then they can use whatever.
    Being too sensitive about cheating is too much for me.

Ehhh... I personally don't give a flyin flip (because that's what cool people say right?), but the way I see it, this is probably the only way he'd enjoy the game. The purpose for games were entertainment in the first place, and if he's unfit to even play it, I say let him have the auto-aim. I don't see why someone should be mad about that. What else do you expect a guy to do when he's in such bad condition you know? Best of hopes to your friend.

Thread Information