Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Um...TWC decided to fix my internet today:

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    Just looked at Manhattan apartment prices.

Holy crap

I don't know how anyone could live there! I pay $875 for a 2 bedroom 1 bath apt. and it's damn near too much!
    For $875 a month, you get a closet here.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

That's why I ultimately decided to buy, honestly. The combination of being tired of paying for something I wasn't ever going to own and paying about the same in rent as I would for a mortgage. I was paying $765 for a 2 bedroom apartment (in a nice town), then $695 for a 3 bedroom duplex in a crap nasty town.... moved back to the nice town, bought a house and now I pay $1100 a month (mortgage and all yearly taxes) for a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house. It's the TAXES that are outrageous! $2,300 a year for property taxes. Without them, my mortgage would be just under $900 a month -__-

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    That's why I ultimately decided to buy, honestly. The combination of being tired of paying for something I wasn't ever going to own and paying about the same in rent as I would for a mortgage. I was paying $765 for a 2 bedroom apartment (in a nice town), then $695 for a 3 bedroom duplex in a crap nasty town.... moved back to the nice town, bought a house and now I pay $1100 a month (mortgage and all yearly taxes) for a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house. It's the TAXES that are outrageous! $2,300 a year for property taxes. Without them, my mortgage would be just under $900 a month -__-
    Where is that? I'd be lucky to find a place under $2500 or $3000 a month in mortgage. It's the only city where buying doesn't make sense lol, that's why I'm trying to find a place out in Long Island. Not too far from the city, but far enough that property is cheaper.

I have a friend in Tennessee who is pretty much doing the same. Except his mortgage is lower than what he was paying in rent. Makes me want to move down there but pretty sure finding a nice job would be difficult. And I'm used to being able to go out any time of day/night and get whatever I want. Most places here are open really late or don't close at all.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    Where is that? I'd be lucky to find a place under $2500 or $3000 a month in mortgage. It's the only city where buying doesn't make sense lol, that's why I'm trying to find a place out in Long Island. Not too far from the city, but far enough that property is cheaper.

I have a friend in Tennessee who is pretty much doing the same. Except his mortgage is lower than what he was paying in rent. Makes me want to move down there but pretty sure finding a nice job would be difficult. And I'm used to being able to go out any time of day/night and get whatever I want. Most places here are open really late or don't close at all.
    Got the same deal of things pretty much being open all the time around my area. Just much lower mortgage and property taxes. Some areas near me you can get a mortgage for 800-1300 /mo and property taxes as low as $450/mo. Can get that in a pretty decent area too. If I were planning to continue living where I am I'd probably look in to buying but in another 2-3 years there will likely be a relocation.

I'm guessing this is all pretty close to where Mizel is too as we both ping off the same server for the speedtest. My prices are for the outskirts of cities. 5-10 miles out of the closest town on average.
    Last edited by Ziek88; 10-17-2014 at 10:06 AM.

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ziek88 View Post
    Got the same deal of things pretty much being open all the time around my area. Just much lower mortgage and property taxes. Some areas near me you can get a mortgage for 800-1300 /mo and property taxes as low as $450/mo. Can get that in a pretty decent area too. If I were planning to continue living where I am I'd probably look in to buying but in another 2-3 years there will likely be a relocation.

I'm guessing this is all pretty close to where Mizel is too as we both ping off the same server for the speedtest. My prices are for the outskirts of cities. 5-10 miles out of the closest town on average.
    Yupp, I live in central PA (about 20 minute outside of Harrisburg) in one of the... I dunno what to call it... I guess nice suburban type towns? SO everything is super expensive, especially taxes. Like I said my mortgage is a little less than $900 a month (without taxes) and the taxes are around $2300 a year. But go 20 minutes to any of the neighboring rural, farm-y type towns and you can get a mortgage for $4-500/mo and taxes for around $500/year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    Yupp, I live in central PA (about 20 minute outside of Harrisburg) in one of the... I dunno what to call it... I guess nice suburban type towns? SO everything is super expensive, especially taxes. Like I said my mortgage is a little less than $900 a month (without taxes) and the taxes are around $2300 a year. But go 20 minutes to any of the neighboring rural, farm-y type towns and you can get a mortgage for $4-500/mo and taxes for around $500/year.
    That's awesome. I need to buy a house around there then, I could afford mortgage AND food.

I was actually planning on going to central PA this past weekend (Cherry Springs State Park) to do some stargazing, but bad weather turned me away. Never been there, next time I may even check out the area around there to see if I can maybe find a good house to invest in.

That's awesome. I need to buy a house around there then, I could afford mortgage AND food.

I was actually planning on going to central PA this past weekend (Cherry Springs State Park) to do some stargazing, but bad weather turned me away. Never been there, next time I may even check out the area around there to see if I can maybe find a good house to invest in.
    Never been to that park myself but been in and around that area a good bit for hiking trips and camping. There are some really nice areas out that way. It's been a few years now though so I don't remember the places I was exactly.

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

New Internet in Boston from RCN:

Thread Information