Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Xbox Reveal TODAY!

So the new Xbox reveal is today. It's a live stream through their site at 10AM PST, so that's 1PM for you guys on the east coast. Check it out if you can!

Watch it here

Wow they killed it, I was not expecting this lol. A lot of pretty awesome features. Before this I was sure I was getting the PS4, but now I'm not so sure. The Xbox One definitely has better features in almost all aspects, but I think Sony has a lot better exclusives. Though they did say 8 of the 15 exclusives for Xbox are new.

IDK, hard decisions on which one I want, may have to wait until E3 to decide.

I'm kinda stuck. They're pushing everything to their cloud service, and I'm not sure if it's something I want. I don't think they said it was gonna be always-online, but I didn't hear them say it wasn't gonna be. That's gonna be the deciding factor for me, but it looks amazing.

CoD Ghosts engine looks amazing too, I think I might actually pick it up lol.

I'm always online anyway, they didn't announce that it was going to be free this time around so I'm assuming it's still going to have a price. That's one of the big things for me.

But yeah, Ghost looked amazing, I've always been a huge CoD fan, so this is just icing on the cake for me lol.

Yeah they said the were "Expanding the Xbox Live we are currently familiar with" So I'm thinking it's still $60/yr. The only issue I have with the online only is what happens during an internet outage or something? And for those without internet too, they're getting kinda screwed over.

Yeah Ghosts is the first one I've been excited for since Blops. MW3 and BO2 didn't really give me any "wow!" factor, but this looks promising.

Nothing worthwhile was said here. /yawn

For those that didn't watch it and want some heads up.

System Specs:

Basically the new system is called the Xbox One. Every console will come with a kinect and it's way advanced compared to the one for the 360. The system can be completely run by voice other than games. The console turns on by voice, as well as able to change TV inputs by your voice. The motion sensor by the Kinect has been enhanced and can detect more precise movement such as wrist and shoulder movements. Basically the Xbox has been turned into a universal remote based around the Kinect. You're able to use IE while watching movies/playing games or watching TV as well as use other apps from Microsoft.

They upgraded the amount of servers used for Xbox Live from something of 30,000 to 300,000. Everything seems to be based off the Cloud now, multilayer games should run smoother as well becasue of the increase in the number of servers.

Downside is that they didn't get to so much for games. They have 15 exclusives being released in the first year of release. 8 of them are franchises, so it's hard to say how good or bad it is. Forza 5 will be available at console release. They talked about exclusive content for EA games and the CoD franchise as well.

IMO as far as features go, Microsoft as Sony beat easy. But Sony has way more popular exclusives.

Might have missed a few things, those are what stood out to me though.
    Last edited by Trunks; 05-21-2013 at 06:00 PM.

I read somewhere that it wasn't backwards compatible at all and they were implementing a fee to use a disc that has been previously used. I could live with the loss of backwards compatibility but if they follow through with the pre-used fee I will not be purchasing their product. Not only is this a big "F!@# You" to any game store that isn't Gamestop it really hinders their customers. Their customers will now no longer be able to save a few bucks by purchasing used games thus making this system unaffordable for some families. Beyond that, say you got a game and you're going to a friends house and you and your friend want to play it together. Pack up your xbox cause technically you are now re-using that game in a different system.

The actual fee has not yet been announced from what I can tell and how they will implement it. It has been stated as an "additional charge" which hopefully worst case scenario means you have to pay say an extra $5 on your account a year or something to use preowned games.

This is a definite concern I have though and I'll be watching to see how it develops. It will definitely be a large factor in whether I invest in their products.

I want to be wrong on this.
    Last edited by Ziek88; 05-22-2013 at 06:27 AM.

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ziek88 View Post
    I read somewhere that it wasn't backwards compatible at all and they were implementing a fee to use a disc that has been previously used. I could live with the loss of backwards compatibility but if they follow through with the pre-used fee I will not be purchasing their product. Not only is this a big "F!@# You" to any game store that isn't Gamestop it really hinders their customers. Their customers will now no longer be able to save a few bucks by purchasing used games thus making this system unaffordable for some families. Beyond that, say you got a game and you're going to a friends house and you and your friend want to play it together. Pack up your xbox cause technically you are now re-using that game in a different system.

The actual fee has not yet been announced from what I can tell and how they will implement it. It has been stated as an "additional charge" which hopefully worst case scenario means you have to pay say an extra $5 on your account a year or something to use preowned games.
    They said no backwards compatibility, but they denied the "fee to play used games" rumors. They said they want customers to be able to sell and buy pre-played games, and will allow it.

They haven't announced the annual fee for "gold" or whatever they'll call their service yet, but they said it will carry over from Xbox 360 and can be used on both consoles. I'm thinking it's gonna stay $60/year.

Everyone's gotta remember too, this whole event was to announce the Xbox. Not show games, and gameplay. They showed off some of the fancy new things for casual gamers and Regular Joe that wants to watch BluRays/TV and play a game here and there. The games and actual content the gamers are waiting to see will be at E3. It'd be kinda stupid for them to lay all their cards on the table ~3 weeks away from the years biggest gaming expo.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    They said no backwards compatibility, but they denied the "fee to play used games" rumors. They said they want customers to be able to sell and buy pre-played games, and will allow it.
    That is a good thing. I was sifting through articles and couldn't find that info but I don't doubt it's there somewhere.

I do know I won't be buying the first wave. Every new microsoft product has a pretty failtastic round one haha.

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

Thread Information