Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: E3 Thoughts?

One thing of note if you want a Xbox, they are going to be limited supply in comparision to the PS4. The esdram has had worse than expected yields. Employees are at gamestop are noting that launch allocation are usually 25-40 for ps4 and 8-13 for xbone. This could make getting Xbox really tough(unless it flops)

I'm kind of confused as to why MS is only releasing the One in 21 countries.... and NONE of them are Asian countries. I would imagine that some of those Asian countries would have been their biggest consumers? I mean they'll be getting in late 2014, but still. Seems like they've made a LOT of bad decisions this console. I will never understand what they were thinking.

Xbox One Launch Supported Countries Revealed. Arriving to Select Asian Markets in Late 2014 | Side Mission | GameTrailers

For Adam personally, his “favorite moment was getting to announce to the whole developer community that we had double the RAM to 8GB of GDDR5,” because they did originally have 4GB of GDDR5 on the PS4 system.

Recounting the story of how they went from 4GB to 8GB, Adam was actually at Gearbox (Borderlands), with Randy Pitchford, President of Gearbox, telling him, “If you go with 4GB of GDDR5, you are done.” Following that statement, Boyes says that the entire room of about 30 people added in that “you guys, you never listen, you’ve never been good at this stuff.”

After hearing this, Adam says he had a mini-breakdown, and it wasn’t until he reflected on this and asked himself the question, “Are we going to be the best console in every single category?” before things started moving, because “the answer used to be no.”

So, Adam went back to the developers about the possibility of doing 8GB of RAM, getting responses like “that would be incredible.” He then took all the feedback to Tokyo, got the thumbs up, and the rest is history.
    What is this? A company actually listening to the consumers? This is probably the first time something like this happened. ever

@Mizel

Apparently Microsoft wants the Xbox One to flop. I mean it says they even have region codes on it as well, so no hope of Asian customers buying the console online somewhere. PS4 is region free btw.
    Last edited by Trunks; 06-13-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Exactly! Not only that, but they released the prices a couple days ago and it's quite a bit more for those countries that won't even get all of the features... Seriously retarded. (Although, I think they released an updated price list directly after the first where the price was a little less, but still more than others are paying for ALL the features).

Apparently the 360 flopped in japan and China during the release. That may be why they're waiting. That way they can put more product in other countries, that would be my guess.

That's what I read also, about the 360 flopping in Japan and China. They sold 1.1 million in Japan.... but even so, that's still BILLIONS of dollars O_o

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    I'm gonna miss Halo 4,
    I started missing Halo after bungie stopped making it. Its like if valve stopped making half life, or gamefreak did not make pokemon, it's just not the same. Its like taking all the poetry out of Shakespeare.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    Apparently the 360 flopped in japan and China during the release. That may be why they're waiting. That way they can put more product in other countries, that would be my guess.
    Japan is and always will be a terrible region for MS, But while the 360 finished a distant 3rd in the region. It still outsold the original Xbox by a million or so units which is a pretty major gain. But unless they do what they did with the 360 aka those rpgs and shmups it'll fall agaain

There's new rumors and pictures that the Xbox One games at E3 were being run by..... A PC lulz

Xbox One Games At E3 Were Running On Windows 7 With Nvidia GTX Cards

Xbox One Games at E3 Ran on Windows 7 PCs with Nvidia Graphics Cards – Report

There are also rumors Sony did the same thing though. I don't get why they would do that...
    Last edited by Mizel; 06-15-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    Apparently Microsoft wants the Xbox One to flop. I mean it says they even have region codes on it as well, so no hope of Asian customers buying the console online somewhere. PS4 is region free btw.
    Yeah, I get region locking games but region locking Xboxes? That's just stupid. I love that PS4 isn't gonna lock them. I hope they don't with games either. That was one of my favorite things about the PS3. I mean, I didn't understand what was going on in the Japanese games, but it was still cool to play them 6 months early lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    There's new rumors and pictures that the Xbox One games at E3 were being run by..... A PC lulz

Xbox One Games At E3 Were Running On Windows 7 With Nvidia GTX Cards

Xbox One Games at E3 Ran on Windows 7 PCs with Nvidia Graphics Cards – Report

There are also rumors Sony did the same thing though. I don't get why they would do that...
    I think they wanted it to look better for everyone. The PC is still far ahead of the consoles, so they can make it look smoother and more appealing to everyone. Dirty tricks in any case.

Thread Information