Default Final Fantasy XIV A Relm Reborn

This game looks good visually. Also, I read about allot of really good sounding things going into the game. The whole Class job thing has me very interested.

But then I read that there were not going to be two factions and that PvP would be virtually nonexistent.

I have to say I'm a bit turned off, and I'm certainly not as excited about it as I was a few days ago.

I've never played a mmorpg that didn't do PvP. I'm still going to play it, but I really have my doubts.

Have any of you ever been a person with allot of PvP experience going into a PvE game? How did you cope?
    Is it even worth my time?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgalath View Post
    This game looks good visually. Also, I read about allot of really good sounding things going into the game. The whole Class job thing has me very interested.

But then I read that there were not going to be two factions and that PvP would be virtually nonexistent.

I have to say I'm a bit turned off, and I'm certainly not as excited about it as I was a few days ago.

I've never played a mmorpg that didn't do PvP. I'm still going to play it, but I really have my doubts.

Have any of you ever been a person with allot of PvP experience going into a PvE game? How did you cope?
    Is it even worth my time?
    Well the graphics look really cool, but FF has been getting away from what makes it a FF. This in turn depresses me.

The game looks amazing. At launch it was a total flop, but from what I've heard from the Beta testers it's done a total 180. The class thing was what made me want to buy it in the first place, but unfortunately even after upgrading my PC, it's still not good enough D:

I don't mind the single faction aspect of the game. TERA is an example of a game that really pulled it off. I don't know how they're just gonna drop PvP though. I've never been into it myself. I've been an alt leveler (bajillions of options here heheh..) and a raider/dungeoneer in games. I know it does play a huge part though, so hopefully they'll get their act together and throw it in.

Good point ROFLBRYCE, have to wait to upgrade my PC as well to try it out, spend all my money presenting at conferences this year on gaming research

I wasn't going to upgrade my PC ... I was just going to play it on PS3

Indeed this game got good quality but yeah it's not the same old Final Fantasy but it's not all that bad.

Otaku For Life - YouTube - MyAnimeList

Click on my signature to go to ProBlackbird's Blog

Hmmm I'm gonna have to give some thought to what type of class I'm going to play. Since there wont be any pvping i wont need to play RDPS as i had thought. I was always a great raid healer, but i might decide to go tank instead.

Played beta this weekend. The game is so damn pretty O_O

There are also some cool little things in it like the world events. Don't know that I'll be picking it up anytime soon, but beta was fun.

Just picked this up! Unfortunately it's on PS3, but I'm still having a ton of fun with it. I played it for about 3 hours today, and I'm JUST getting out of the starting area at level 5. There's so much to do it seems like already, can't wait to jump into it.

My character is "Puffymuffins Mcgee" on the Adamantoise server. The names weird, I know. Puffymuffins is my WoW toon, Mcgee is just...there. But yeah add me as a friend and we'll play some time!

Hey, I was wondering. If I buy the PS3 version, do I get some kind of trial limit to try the game, or if I have pay a subscription from the first day?

Thread Information